Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    FEP Senior Member David Claflin's Avatar
    Redneck Riviera, Fort Walton Beach Florida

I'm still plugging away at this, had to take a week off and make a run to the great white north (Wisconsin). There's a light at the end of the tunnel, and it's not a train, I don't think. I had to borrow the headliner from mcnugget, and then called the upholstery guy to find out he's on vacay until 1 April.

I had some trouble getting the brakes bled, and will probably still have to rebleed them again in the future as they're OK now, but not what they should be in my opinion. Trying to get this thing ready to get to the track this Friday night.

I hadn't been taking much in the way of pics as everything's kind of normal, just putting interior parts in, ball joints, steering rack, tie rods, fenders, installing new ignition switch, door and trunk locks and so on.

Figured some might be interested in the fan set up I use, I've got this on the red car too, and works pretty good, and is clean looking. The fan motor and shroud are from a Crown vic, with the heavy duty cooling system. There is an auxiliary electric fan in front of the mechanical fan so you'll know where to look if you want to replicate it.
    Parts before

Parts after, brackets are just some aluminum strips from lowes.

1990 Red LX, ported explorer heads and intakes, weenie cam, 1 3/4 long accufabs, 3" exhaust, T5, 4.30, lightened up some, 335/331 RWHP/RWTQ, 7.4X@91, working to get it lower.
    1985 LTD LX, Mach1 brakes, 17" Mopar police car wheels. 7.86@86MPH with 302, 3640 pounds with 1/4 tank of gas and me in it. 347 build in progress
    1984 LTD station wagon, with 84GT nose, some might remember it as the old Dugan Racing station wagon.
    1986 FHP coupe, yet another work in progress

FEP Senior Member David Claflin's Avatar
    Redneck Riviera, Fort Walton Beach Florida

Got it out and drove it around to the front driveway. I think there's a brake hanging up, doesn't seem like it wants to roll easy.
    I'll get it back in the garage this weekend once I get poodle pecker back out and get the piddly things finished up.

Took a video of it running with open headers, and a walkaround.
    1990 Red LX, ported explorer heads and intakes, weenie cam, 1 3/4 long accufabs, 3" exhaust, T5, 4.30, lightened up some, 335/331 RWHP/RWTQ, 7.4X@91, working to get it lower.
    1985 LTD LX, Mach1 brakes, 17" Mopar police car wheels. 7.86@86MPH with 302, 3640 pounds with 1/4 tank of gas and me in it. 347 build in progress
    1984 LTD station wagon, with 84GT nose, some might remember it as the old Dugan Racing station wagon.
    1986 FHP coupe, yet another work in progress

Car is looking good!

What year crown Victoria is that fan from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good Dave. Did it ever have A/C or was it deleted?
    Black 1985 GT; 408w, in the 6's in the 1/8 mile
    Grabber Yellow 1973 Mustang Mach 1: 351c, toploader
    Black 2012 5.0 GT, 6-speed, Brembo brakes, 3.73's
    Wimbledon White 1966 F-100 Shortbed Styleside, 390, Tremec 3550, FiTech EFI

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123