Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Redneck Riviera, Fort Walton Beach Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Zap's 85 GT View Post
    Did you use any sealer on the shifter interface?
    Yes, this was the trans that came with the car, it's a rebuilt from a shop over in Jacksonville I think, or Georgia. One of the shifter bolts was stripped, I forgot about it until I got it back in the car. I must not have tightened the remaining bolts last time I put it in.
    1985 LTD LX, Mach1 brakes, 17" Mopar police car wheels. 302, T5, 4.10s
    1984 LTD station wagon, with 84GT nose, some might remember it as the old Dugan Racing station wagon.
    1986 FHP coupe, stock shortblock, TW heads, Holley SMII intake, 4.88, T5Z
    1990 Red LX, ported AFR heads, TFS-R box upper, weenie cam, 1 3/4 long accufabs, 3" exhaust, T5, 4.56

I got up to the track again a few weeks back, still had the 4 hole throttle body, vic jr on it. It runs decent, to and from the track, just think it should be faster. Going to get it in the garage, fix the trac-loc and get a little more weight out of it. I've swapped the 4-hole throttle body and vic jr for the TFS-R box, and converted it to mass air. Only to find that the mass air from the red car is kaput, so my buddy has welded a fitting to a 4" pipe so I can run a slot meter set up on it. The meter will be going back to pro-m to get fixed, I'll save that for the Dugan wagon.
    This video is when it still had the vic-jr on it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFLQ-UpB8lM&t=636s
    1984 LTD station wagon, with 84GT nose, some might remember it as the old Dugan Racing station wagon.
    1990 Red LX, ported AFR heads, TFS-R box upper, weenie cam, 1 3/4 long accufabs, 3" exhaust, T5, 4.56

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    "CREAM" is the special paint code name.
    "WT1077" is the special paint code.
    I'm curious if that WT 1077 Cream is similar to the Mimosa Yellow on the 1988s, with just a different name.

https://mustangattitude.com/mustang/...ngcolors.shtml

Looks like the weather will cooperate for us tomorrow night. Since I was at the track last I've swapped front brakes to the 94-98 versions, the new edge two piston calipers were hanging up causing issues with it wanting to go to the right. I've also got the other door bar out, put in a tubular K-member, and control arms with coil over shocks. Also going to be running a slot meter on here with a longer inlet tube that goes out in front of the bumper with a bellmouth on it of course.
    Found what was causing me an issue with the way it was running after I'd put the different engine in, the previous owner used a distributor body from a CFI car that had a cast gear. I had never looked at it close, but was forced to when it quit on me in downtown fort walton.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2TC...XsA9EELpemcYAy

Can't wait to see jow the changes do with ET. Lot's of weight off the front. You have me reconsidering the dual piston SN calipers. I have the single piston iron calipers, but wanted the weight savings of the aluminum ones. I think I'll bite the weight savings and run the single piston setup.

Quote Originally Posted by David Claflin View Post
    I'm curious if that WT 1077 Cream is similar to the Mimosa Yellow on the 1988s, with just a different name.

https://mustangattitude.com/mustang/...ngcolors.shtml
    mustangattitude got the name wrong. It's not Mimosa Yellow. They copied it from somebody else that got it wrong.

66 = Tropical Yellow

Ford paint code for (66) Tropical Yellow was M6316.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Short video of this turd on the dyno...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMSx3FIuu8A&t=15s

Update on this turd. Went to the track a few times over the last few months, best times so far was with the TFS-R box and mass air, ran a 7.25@93.3, air was decent, 218ft. Late last month I switched the TFS-R box out for the Vic jr with a 4hole throttle body. This set up while it's not ideal has a high pimp factor, but I have to use the factory DB1 processor. The processor works, but not very well, it always feels like something is off, even Rod tried it on his project rustoleum car, and it slowed down by 2/10. So, I'll either have to get it repaired, send in my VM1 for repair, or get an aftermarket fuel injection system to run it.
    I went again this past weekend, last Sunday of the season, this coming weekend they'll be Fridays through the summer.
    The two best runs of the day was the first and last one. I had installed a two-step with the button on the shifter knob, so took some getting used to using that. I had installed a pair of female/male connectors on the two step wires to the shifter, and one of them had come undone, so the first launch instead of being at 5300 was actually 6700, oops. It still only managed a 1.57 60ft, but did run a 7.32@93.26, the last run was nearly identical, I did get the 60ft down to 1.48 and then ran another 7.32@92.89, this was a hotlap, so MPH dropped a bit. I kept bumping up the launch RPM to end the day at 5900 on the two step. I also kept pulling fuel out and it seemed to help. Next time I'll have to go up on the tire pressure to get a bit of wheel speed at the hit. At 12 pounds it tended to dead hook. Weather for this Friday night looks good, I've got an edelbrock elbow on it now so can run mass air, and will try the boom tube and bellmouth out of the front.

Had this on the dyno Saturday, made 324/339 @5500/4500 respectively. Stock 86 shortblock, stock cam, 1.7 rockers, ported TW heads, ported holley intake, 80MM-R TB, 1 3/4 longtubes, 3" X pipe, 3" bullets dumped at axle.

Video of me on the scale on Eglin AFB. Local track is closed, this car kept having issues wanting to turn right, so will check that once I can get it in the garage. Currently relegated to daily driver status, while working other cars, then will get it in the garage, and tear it down to see what's up with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjHn...mjxUF&index=31

This is the playlist for the Trooper car. It is in the garage finally, making a bunch of changes, for both performance, and looks. Most of the looks improvements will be underneath, in the engine compartment, and trunk. Exterior appearance will remain basically unchanged.
    Taking some weight out of the car, without wholesale cutting and hacking things off, so don't anticipate making a huge dent in the weight reduction, but something is better than nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...e5PGa5DMYmjxUF

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345