Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Sask84gt View Post
    Ok, well for the price I might try solids out and hope they wont be too bad for vibration. Also I asked the energy rep about the poly mounts raising the engine and he said that they are designed to keep the same height as stock. Not sure what's going on there.
    Well.. your mounts look like chinesium. Junk.
    Drop the money on energy suspension.
    I have stock trans and energy engine mounts on my futura.
    Maybe see ya at a car show in Sask with my white Futura..

Quote Originally Posted by 78futura View Post
    Well.. your mounts look like chinesium. Junk.
    Drop the money on energy suspension.
    I have stock trans and energy engine mounts on my futura.
    Maybe see ya at a car show in Sask with my white Futura..
    Ya I'm leaning that way now that I've got a donor car and can save some money on other things. Or like I said go with some solids. As for the Car show I will keep an eye out for you. I will just be a spectator cause at the rate I'm going I will be dead before this thing is done lol.
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle21 View Post
    Just wanna throw my 2 cents in here.... I did not have any luck at all with anchor brand mounts. I broke 4 passenger mounts and 1 driver mount in about 4,500 miles. These were convertible style in my 85. No track just street. I will never spend a penny on anchor mounts ever again. I see not everyone has had this issue. Good for you guys. I wish I had your luck. I switched to solid mounts. Yes, they vibrate more. But it's nowhere near as bad as people make it seem. I've had them on almost two months now and I'm happy.
    What brand solid mounts did you get? Also what are you running for a transmission mount?
    Last edited by Sask84gt; 03-02-2019 at 03:09 PM.
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

FEP Power Member Jerry peachuer's Avatar

i know of a OEM NOS convertible mounts for sale possibly

They are not mine and I don't know the guy/girl but may save you time and headache

PM me if interested

Just a update. I decided to just spend the money and went with the energy suspension ones. Came with the engine mounts and the trans mount. Little pricey but from what I've read they are well worth it. Thanks for all the replies and help everyone. I will update when I get them installed.
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Question, when installing the mounts to the block do they have to be torqued? If so how much. Also is there typically lock washers and washers that go on the bolts? You would think that spending 270 cad on new mounts that they would come with the hardware. I have old bolts but that's it.
    Thanks
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Quote Originally Posted by Sask84gt View Post
    Question, when installing the mounts to the block do they have to be torqued? If so how much. Also is there typically lock washers and washers that go on the bolts? You would think that spending 270 cad on new mounts that they would come with the hardware. I have old bolts but that's it.
    Thanks
    Mine came with nuts for the engine mounts.. that is strange.
    I put blue lok tite on a pretty tight.. probably over 100ft lbs on the engine mounts I would suspect. You can look it up by bolt size and torque that way.

Quote Originally Posted by 78futura View Post
    Mine came with nuts for the engine mounts.. that is strange.
    I put blue lok tite on a pretty tight.. probably over 100ft lbs on the engine mounts I would suspect. You can look it up by bolt size and torque that way.
    Sorry I guess I should of worded it better. Mounts came with nuts for mounting to frame tbut I figured they would come with new bolts for mounting to the engine block. No biggie though just used my old ones. Thanks for the advice, I will take them off and put some blue look locktight on them.
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Bolts to block 48-50ft-lbs and large bolt 95-100ft-lbs.

My brother broke his block in one side turning the wrong way. I jb welded and tapped out to metric 580hp and 8 years later still holding..was working with a friend and was in a hurry and that what happened. He is actually a decent home mechanic **** happens.
    Note never work on your car on a rush time frame.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12