Close

Default 1980 Radio install

I have my Clarion cassette deck back after being in storage back home for almost 10 years. I'm planning on installing it in the Zephyr, but I know the shaft holes in the dash are uneven. One of the holes is deeper than the other so how have ya'll dealt with that? Right now I have a Realistic that's spaced out on one side with a bunch of washers, but it makes the radio sit back too deep to reach all the controls on the knobs.

Matt
    1984 Thunderbird -- 1989 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake, Edelbrock 600 4bbl, 85 Mustang dizzy, Jegs o/r h pipe, Dynomax mufflers, Mustang AOD & shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, Mustang front & rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 TC struts & shocks, and Mustang 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT hatch -- Explorer intake, GT40 heads with Trick Flow spring kit, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, 70mm MAF, 70mm throttle body, o/r H pipe, Dynomax mufflers, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 Deluxe handle, clutch quadrant & firewall adjuster, and 3.27s
    (86 Mercury Cougar 5.0, 89 Lincoln Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 80 Mercury Zephyr 4 door) sold

You can use washers or I just used another nut from the hardware store

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk