Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FEP Senior Member

I'd buy it for 500$ and part it. Save what can be saved. Hunt a 4cyl or 6cyl and swap everything into it.

Cars rot and die. You triage what you can but once it is done you can't spend 30k restoring a 3k car.
    1985 Mustang Canadian Cobra
    It ain't Pretty but it doesn't care

Better check the floor pans, my 86 cost me $500 but needed new pans. Its all on my blog if you want an idea of whats in store :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on the information that I received from other posters which I have shared with my friend, he's not going to try to save it. I think it definitely has value as a parts car, more so than what I thought it would have. I don't think my friend wants to deal with parting it out, so at this point, I don't know what the plan with it is. I found a spare wheel for it which was swapped out for the spare I loaned him out of my car, so at this point, I'm out of it. He's not happy that he dragged it home only to discover the undercarriage was in bad shape and his relative isn't happy with him for taking it and now deciding he doesn't want it. Granted, it was a little difficult to see underneath it sitting on four flats, but no one held a gun to his head and made him take it. I think he was being very impetuous (typical of him) and never should have bothered with it. I sense drama brewing, so I was happy to get my spare back and be on my way.

I would have bought it just to convert my sunroof car to t top. Why can't that surface in the northwest!

The latest on the car is my friend has definitely decided he doesn't want it, so it's available if anyone is interested. The price is $500 firm. He actually had a couple used tires put on the front, so at least it will roll now and can be loaded onto a trailer or tow dolly. There is currently no title (well, there is, but the husband has it, a divorce is pending and, well, you get it...) I don't know if the owner intends to apply for a lost title or not, so assume the car is being sold with a bill of sale only. It could be restored, but it's probably best used for parts. It's currently located at my friend's house in Hamilton, Ohio (southwestern OH). If anyone is interested, please contact me and I will pass his number along to you.

No selling outside of the classifieds. Please place a proper 'for sale' ad in the classifieds. Thank you.

Okay, thanks. I forgot. Will post a classified.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12