Close

Default Dash lights fuse issue

When I bought my car the cluster lights were not working. I found the fuse was bad replaced and all was well for a while. Then one night they were out again. Fuse was bad again. I know its probably gonna be a pain to find just wondering if there is a good place to start looking.

Have an immediate fuse pop for interior lights going to look into that more when I pull interior for restore hopefully very soon.

FEP Super Member

Just a thought .
    Aftermarket stereo by chance ?
    Many people mistake the blue with red stripe as a ground , but it is dash lights .
    Like I say , just a thought .
    clowns to the left of me , Jokers to the right

Usually the 2 most common issues are a ground issue or a bad connection. Check all of the light sockets for burns...or looking like its hot. If you have a poor connection or a bad ground, it can overload the fuse and pop it. Harder to find, you could have a wire that's scraped bare and grounding out. That will take some sleuthing to find.
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

Yeah no radio right now. They had it hard wired to battery. All that mess is out and havent installed the radio back, oem clips are just hanging.

Yeah guess ill have to trace everything when I pull dash for painting.