Close

Default What is your most outrageous warning ticket story

What about .... that you can prove .....

Me, 1995. Highway 79 north of Lincoln NE new Agnew. Got stopped by the NE state patrol for 110 in a 55, somehow BSed my way to written warning ticket.... still have it, I guess I should frame it. Lols
    -- James

Favorite thing I’ve said that’s been requoted: “"40 year old beercan on wheels with too much motor"

My four eyed foxes:
    "Trigger" - 86 Mustang GT - Black with red interior. 5.0 T5 built as Z. Original motor ~1/2 million miles. 18 yr daily, 10 a toy
    "Silver" - 85 Mustang Saleen 1985-006? (Lol) Rare 1E silver GT / charcoal interior. The car is a little bit of a mystery. Current project bought as a roller, tons of Saleen / Racecraft pedigree

Also in the stable - my son’s car. 1986 Mustang GT Convertible. Black/Black/Black conversion. 93 leather. VM1 ECU. T5Z

past foxes -
    1989 Mustang LX Sport 5.0 AOD white/tan black top. Once I ran this one down I caught a wife.
    Wife also had a 1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe in the 90's.

I'm a four eyed pride supporter, are you? Become one today!
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/payments.php

FEP Power Member

I don't get warnings, I get tickets. Then I go to court and beat half of them.

A coworker told me this one back when I was in my 20s, he claimed it happened to his roommate.

Guy went on a double date with his girlfriend and another couple. Because they were in a small town with nothing fun to do, they drove 40 miles to LA. On the way back the driver got into it with his girlfriend, she was really nagging about the way he was driving, how the night went, things that went wrong during the date, etc. Meanwhile, the couple in the backseat appear to have forgotten that they weren't alone and were really going at it. Next thing the driver knew, his foot just kept pushing harder and harder on the accelerator.....until the CHP lights behind him got his attention.
    So he pulls over and rolls down the window for the cop. This just leads to more nagging from the girlfriend, now he's a loser for getting pulled over. The cop asks him why he was in such a hurry. The driver points behind him to the girlfriend who is still nagging him as the cop is trying to talk to him AND the couple in the back who are completely oblivious to the cop's presence and still mating. Then he says "Officer, I just REALLY want to get home and get this night over with."
    The CHP let him go with the warning.

FEP Power Member

I lived in NJ but traveled a lot for work. At one time I was in CA for several months and my NJ drivers lic. Expired. I went to the local CA dmv and got a CA lic. A bit later I was pulled over in NJ for speeding, driving my NJ registered svo and presented my CA drivers lic. The cop asked me, “so how does this work?” I knew full well that CA and NJ did not exchange the violation points. I simply explained to the cop how I got the lic. He said “ you probably wouldn’t pay the ticket anyway” and left. Meanwhile, my renewed by mail NJ lic was still in my wallet.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

I was returning from my wife's parent's house when we were dating.
    Driving the 88 LSC behind a slow poke down a 2 lane 50 MPH road.
    I decided to take the opposite road that poky would take at a cross road ahead. Both would get me home.
    He turned right, I let the 5.0 unwind, got up to 80 or so then I saw the lights come on the car behind me.
    Pulled over and waited for long arm of the law to swat me.
    The trooper that pulled me over, (he was right behind me at the intersection), asked how it was going?
    I said ok, untill my bone head maneuver back there. He looked at my licence then asked if I still lived at xx address
    with "that woman"? I said no!
    That "woman" at this time was my ex. She had falsely accused me of assaulting her when she was very self incapacitated.
    After a few months when things had calmed down she then called me at work stating she had talked to the police
    and that my anger management classes weren't helping, and they wanted to see me.
    Told my side of the tale, and as I was signing my statement a 911 call comes from my house about
    a rock being thrown through a window.
    The officer working with me left the room returned and said, good thing your here.
    With that the charges were dropped and then I filled for divorce. I could see a pattern developing.
    I realized the trooper was the arresting officer in my case.
    He gave me back my licence and and told me to slow down for the rest of the night.
    No ticket,no warning, but I took it as his unofficial apology for having to arrest me 2 years earlier.
    Ray
    86 Mustang LX 3.8 Convertible (bought new}
    65 Galaxie 500 XL 390 auto
    2A