Close

Default Little Winter Project

Got myself a little winter project! Anyone else have one of these to play with? I'm psyched!

Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Default light show

Yours is cool. Looks freshly picked off a pole or something.
    Family member got one added the kit few months ago for new garage.
    Works like real, even has dam short yellows.
    The one that changes at point of no stopping, gotta go thru, turns red when in intersection, cop nearby.
    Did like the yellow, then yellow + red, then red of old times. Guess they were too confusing?
    Attachment 125470Attachment 125472
    Last edited by gr79; 12-16-2018 at 03:25 PM.

Name:  xmas ramp tree-driving-humor-car-humor.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  26.0 KB

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by gr79 View Post
    Name:  xmas ramp tree-driving-humor-car-humor.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  26.0 KB
    Same here. My driver's ed instructor actually told us that whenever we were on a freeway onramp we should FLOOR IT. Then ease up when we reached speed and were ready to merge.

Since he didn't specify a speed, the first time he took us out I kept it floored until we were doing over 100mph.

Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    Same here. My driver's ed instructor actually told us that whenever we were on a freeway onramp we should FLOOR IT. Then ease up when we reached speed and were ready to merge.

Since he didn't specify a speed, the first time he took us out I kept it floored until we were doing over 100mph.
    You passed?
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

100mph drivers' ed car? Wow, that's cool.

My school was so poor that they used the same old beat-up car for drivers' ed and sex ed.

Mike

Yours is cool. Looks freshly picked off a pole or something.
    Family member got one added the kit few months ago for new garage.
    Works like real, even has dam short yellows.
    The one that changes at point of no stopping, gotta go thru, turns red when in intersection, cop nearby.
    Did like the yellow, then yellow + red, then red of old times. Guess they were too confusing?
    Attachment 125470Attachment 125472
    Awesome! Looks great! Yeah, I just ordered that same controller. I plan on putting mine inside the house (man cave), so the arrow type seemed like it would be less intense. I have to make my own sun shades, but that shouldn't be a big deal. I think there's HVAC ducting that about the right size. Ever since Mr. Rogers had one, I've wanted one of these!

Haha, 100 mph seems legit.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

FEP Power Member

You passed?
    not the first time.

Some other car cut me off when I was taking the test with the DMV. Who knew they'd take 30 points off for giving the other driver the finger?
    Last edited by TNT; 12-18-2018 at 12:09 AM.

FEP Power Member

delete

Did not notice yours were turn arrows! How unique. Good choice.
    Green points to the party.
    Yellow can mean watch it or your all otta here.
    When the party's over and guests need a hint..
    Can light the red arrow pointing to the door.

Got one out here on the eway off ramp. One of those like a roundabout. Crazy.
    Solid red arrow for right turn. I wait till green arrow. 99% blow thru the red.

The light in my pics looks more intense than it really is. Does have presence though.
    Never seen super heavy duty bulbs like that.
    A little strange to peek in those things. Like messing with govt property, although its not.
    Going to check how the shades are made and fastened next time i go over there.
    Last edited by gr79; 12-18-2018 at 03:45 AM.

Did not notice yours were turn arrows! How unique. Good choice.
    Green points to the party.
    Yellow can mean watch it or your all otta here.
    When the party's over and guests need a hint..
    Can light the red arrow pointing to the door.

Got one out here on the eway off ramp. One of those like a roundabout. Crazy.
    Solid red arrow for right turn. I wait till green arrow. 99% blow thru the red.

The light in my pics looks more intense than it really is. Does have presence though.
    Never seen super heavy duty bulbs like that.
    A little strange to peek in those things. Like messing with govt property, although its not.
    Going to check how the shades are made and fastened next time i go over there.
    Haha, exactly.

Having a traffic light on a roundabout kind of defeats the purpose of a roundabout doesn't it?

Thanks! That would be great if you could get me that info on the shades! The measurements would really help too!

I notice that many traffic lights around here also have a flat piece that kind of frames the lights too. Wouldn't be too tough to copy that too.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Well, I decided the best option was to just buy a back plate and the correct shades for it.

I thought I could find some ducting that's the right size and cut out a shade, but there is no ducting that is 12" diameter. I must've gotten that idea about the 8" lights. Hence, just buying some shades. I do plan to paint them black to match the rest of the light though. I have to wait until spring though because there's nowhere to spray paint in the house. The back plate I bought wasn't the right one, so I had to cut out the inside hole a bit more to make it fit. It's just plastic, so cutting was easy.

I put the traffic light together and tried putting it where I was thinking it would go, next to the bar. But those lights... there just so bright for in the house. You really wouldn't want to hang out there with it trying to blind you... So, I decided to try putting it down low. We'll see how that goes. As of now, it's near the game table, so that might not go so well for long games. We'll see how it goes. I have a feeling it might be moving out to the garage.

Oh, and I love that control kit! It's super easy to install and control the lights! Super cool.
    Last edited by ZephyrEFI; 01-11-2019 at 08:56 PM.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

FEP Member

Cool light! But I gotta say,that is one hell of a Atari 2600! I hope that is “pitfall” you were playing.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxmatt View Post
    Cool light! But I gotta say,that is one hell of a Atari 2600! I hope that is “pitfall” you were playing.
    Haha, it's actually River Raid. That was my favorite game before the little box that connects the system to the TV crapped out. I think I can probably fix it, but I just need to devote the time to it.

Have you ever played Pitfall 2? It's freakin' HARD! I love the sounds in the original Pitfall though. I always think when he gets stuck on a log, it looks/sounds like he's striking a pose doing a sweet guitar solo.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

FEP Member

Haha..I remember getting one of those in 1983...had a ton of games..I don’t think I’ve ever played the sequel though..the original was great.

I bought a retro bit 3 on amazon. Plays nes super NES, and genesis. I bought a couple 150 in 1 games. It's pretty awesome for me, since my NES is long gone. Combat was prolly my favorite Atari though, since you didn't ask

What I liked to do with Combat was pick the bouncing bullet tank game and then my opponent and I would turn the sound on the TV way up and sit and shoot bouncing bullets until someone yelled at us. "boink boink boink boink boink... boink boink boink boink boink... " SHUT UP!!!!
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    Haha, it's actually River Raid. That was my favorite game before the little box that connects the system to the TV crapped out. I think I can probably fix it, but I just need to devote the time to it.

Have you ever played Pitfall 2? It's freakin' HARD! I love the sounds in the original Pitfall though. I always think when he gets stuck on a log, it looks/sounds like he's striking a pose doing a sweet guitar solo.
    Really?
    I used to fly through Pitfall 2.

Now I'm trying to figure out if any of the new nostalgia game systems is worth it. Someone gave me a Best Buy gift card for Christmas and for the first time in years my PC doesn't need anything.

I was able to finish Pitfall 2, but it is a pretty elaborate game for Atari.

Yeah, those nostalgic game systems are cool stuff. There've been a few old PC games I would love to play again from WAY back.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

FEP Power Member

i still have my old Lucastarts PC games that last worked on Windows XP. I used to love to play Xwing, Tie Fighter, Xwing Alliance.

Got to cobble together an older system and get those going again.
    The retro PSOne system out now as only a couple of games that I liked, several of which I still have in working condition. Same goes for the retro SNES one they're selling. It looks like about a third of the games on the NES retro version are ones that I liked. Haven't looked at the Atari one yet.

My nephew just turned 6 and I got him a handheld that has 70 Atari 2600 games on it. It can either plug into the TV or go anywhere with him. But that was Amazon, not Best Buy.

Brad:

Lots of old stuff here: gog.com

Mike

All painted finally! Big improvement, I think!

Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST