Close

Default EFI to carb swap question

Ok. Was told a few different things. Figured I’d check here before I did anything. Have an 88 EFI engine which I am going to remove the efi to go with an Edelbrock performer intake and carb setup. Do I need to do a distributor swap also? I thought I could just swap Intake and fuel delivery as related to engine. Any help is appreciated.

You would want to run the distributer from an 85 manual trans mission. It will be dura spark and have the gear compatible with the billet roller cam in the 88 engine. This is assuming of course the 88 engine is a 5.0ho.
    84 LX Vert. 5.0 5speed canyon red on white
    99 cobra, electric green on medium parchment, vortech s-trim

Here is my thread where I asked the same question.
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...0-Removing-EFI
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Quote Originally Posted by Lowetlx View Post
    You would want to run the distributer from an 85 manual trans mission. It will be dura spark and have the gear compatible with the billet roller cam in the 88 engine. This is assuming of course the 88 engine is a 5.0ho.
    Sorry. I should have been more descriptive. Yes, it’s a stock 88 gt 5.0 engine that is mated to a T5. I have an 85 Capri RS roller that I am going to drop it in. And just so I am clear (new to engine stuff) the 85 distributor with the gear that comes on it should be compatible with the 88 engines cam?

The HO starting in 85 was a roller cam motor. So yes, that distributor has the gear you need.