Close

Default red&black interior pics

Was wondering if anyone has done any mix of black and red interiors. Current interior is red and have a love hate with it. Was wondering if anyone had pics of say red interior with black carpet and seats.

Any pics would help.

Quote Originally Posted by jfruauff View Post
    Was wondering if anyone has done any mix of black and red interiors. Current interior is red and have a love hate with it. Was wondering if anyone had pics of say red interior with black carpet and seats.

Any pics would help.
    Sort of. My Crimson Cat is black with red inserts

Name:  IMG_0487.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  94.4 KBName:  IMG_0488.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  86.6 KBName:  IMG_0489.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  77.2 KB
    Shawn

Currently in the stable:
    83 Capri RS Crimson Cat
    90 7 UP Mustang
    87 Mustang GT
    83 Porsche 928S
    69 Thunderbird Landau
    65 Cadillac Calais 4DR Hardtop
    02 Thunderbird

Yeah my first thought was to go all black with maybe the aero style seats with the mach 1 covers ( black red stripe).

However my current interior is red and door panels are in great shape. Everything else will need painted. I am a little scared how medium red paint fresh will match up with current panels.

My 3 options I leaning towards are.

1.all black with the aero style seats with black cloth or mach 1 covers ( black red stripe).
    2. All red trim with black carpet, seats, and maybe some accents in black
    3. Just go all OEM red red more red.

I do have the console and ebrake trim to delete the full center console as I think it looks a lot cleaner.

The reason I am going with aero seats is I have a 93 with good seats. The seats in my 82 do not lock so the back rest can move front to back without pulling the lever. Although i have read they are from factory like this. I would keep them if that is true. 93 is getting gutted for track car.

FEP Senior Member

The seats in my 82 do not lock so the back rest can move front to back without pulling the lever. Although i have read they are from factory like this. I would keep them if that is true.
    I'm not intimately familiar with your '82 Mustang seats, but I would guess that they have inertia locks for the seat backs. That means they can normally move freely front/back unless they "sense" an acceleration at which point they will lock up. The lever is most likely to unlock them in an emergency if they become locked and won't unlock.
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire

beautiful interior Dadscat. I started down the path of doing something similar with my 86GT when I was in college and never really got it off the ground. Custom dash and door panels and that's where it stopped.

The seats in my 82 do not lock so the back rest can move front to back without pulling the lever. Although i have read they are from factory like this.
    That surprises me that they were designed like this. Seems to be a hazard / liability. My 79 seats latch into place.

Yeah probably just someone that didn't know what they talking about. I think I have decided black carpet, and Mach 1 style seats (black w/red line) on my 93 seats. Then when I get that in I'll see which color trim I like best since I have red and black trim of some parts

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by saleen428 View Post
    That surprises me that they were designed like this. Seems to be a hazard / liability. My 79 seats latch into place.
    It's a pretty common mechanism in automotive interiors especially for front seats used in two door cars. It makes ingress/egress much easier when you can just push the seat forward rather than fumbling around trying to figure out how to unlatch it. A couple of jobs ago I was working on a folding rear truck seat mechanism that used an inertia latch mechanism. They are pretty reliable.
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire

Quote Originally Posted by KevinVarnes View Post
    It's a pretty common mechanism in automotive interiors especially for front seats used in two door cars. It makes ingress/egress much easier when you can just push the seat forward rather than fumbling around trying to figure out how to unlatch it. A couple of jobs ago I was working on a folding rear truck seat mechanism that used an inertia latch mechanism. They are pretty reliable.
    So does the 82 gt use an inertia latch? I assume it does since seat belt buckle has wires coming from it?

So does the 82 gt use an inertia latch? I assume it does since seat belt buckle has wires coming from it?
    I believe the wires for the seat belt are for the light and/or chime only. There are no wires going to the actual retractor. The retractor does have the plunger that is in the door jam, but that is release the retractor with the door open to allow easier ingress to the rear seat.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Attachment 125500

Black goes good with any other color, in my honest opinion. Pictured is a rendering I am working on. Sand Beige interior with black accenting pieces (dash pad, console lid, carpet, etc.). The fore mentioned parts in black are more of a pain to try and locate in sand beige, IF available. Seats will be RECAROS in black and sand beige with sonic blue stitching.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

FEP Senior Member

The inertia latch is purely mechanical. Think of a pendulum that swings back and forth.
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire