Close

Default New member from Pa

Hello I'm am new member from Jonestown PA and recently traded my boat for a 79 Capri 5.0 4 speed. And looking for some info. Id like to decode the door tag but cant find anywhere online to decode it. Still trying to locate the buck tag. Car has no rust or rust repairs. Also wondering if some came with metric wheels.i was going to change interior to black and do a 5 lug conversion but the more I learn I'm thinking of keeping it all stock. ATTACH]125401[/ATTACH]Name:  IMG_20181210_155229694.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  47.3 KBName:  IMG_20181210_144519655.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  39.7 KBName:  Screenshot_20181207-184815.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  31.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Shawn79; 12-10-2018 at 10:15 PM.

I sure miss my red interior. Your buck tag should be on the rad support right behind the driver headlamp, and about the size of a credit card. That should confirm it's a true rs. If it's that clean and complete I'd keep it that way. It's your car though, do what makes you happy. They aren't worth much, yet
    Last edited by 2nd chance cobra; 12-10-2018 at 06:55 PM.

Welcome and very nice Capri! I prefer the pre 83 ones like yours myself. The OEM TRX wheels like what you have were all metric. Therefore you are limited to one kind of tire only. If you like the TRX wheels you can get yourself an improved version (bigger and non metric) of it at LMR.com.

A black interior and a 5 lug conversion in general are all looked upon as favourable changes to the four eyes. If you do decide to go 5 lug conversion try to go with the SN95 brakes/spindles set up as your wheel choices will be much greater.
    Current Mustangs:
    82 Silver GT - 5.0L crate motor, Tremec 3550 5 spd tranny, SVO brake kit, 8.8 rear end with 373s
    05 Legend Lime Fastback - some mods
    05 Screaming Yellow Vert - even more mods including Edelbrock blower

Looks like a great foundation to work with. Welcome!

You may want to read the 4 lug braking and 5 lug conversion threads here. The brakes on 79-93 cars are generally pretty lacking from the factory.

Thank you for that info. I had already purchased an 8.8 rear. complete 5 lug conversion with 4 wheel disc. rotors and calipers are from a 91 Lincoln mark7. just wasn't sure if it hurt the value any. not sure ill ever sell her since I'm really starting to like her look. the guy that had it painted all trim red. so I stripped some and bought a complete set off a parts car. ill probably sell the wheels. I'm not fond of them.

Thank you. thats what i was reading just wasnt sure of hurting the originallity of it. but since i already bought everything i might as well do it.

Thank you. I looked in that area but didn't remove the bucket. Ill keep searching. if I change anything im gonna keep the original parts except the wheels.

FEP Supporter

Looks like a fantastic find and great original quality! I’d personally have a hard time modifying an original car with them being harder to find these days.

Welcome to the site!
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

I love those capri rims

Welcome to FEP!!! love the color combo