Close

Threaded View

Default New staggered 10th Anny wheels installed on my 82 GT

OK I finally installed my new wheels on my 82 GT. I have got a 1/4 inch spacer on the front and it appears that it might be rubbing on the front lower part of the bumper. I have included a picture to show that area. Has anyone else had this type of rubbing issue.

I have got 17 x 10s (+20mm) in the back with 275/40/17 and in the fronts I have 17 x 9s (+24mm) with 245/45/17. I have a couple of other threads on FEP here with issues that have come up with my wheels due to the SVO brake kit having wider than normal fox length axles. Thus that is why the back wheels are sticking out a bit but for now it is growing on me and I am actually kind of liking it lol. I am going to order a new spring kit for at least the back because I think there is too much gap in the back still. I have just over 2 inches of gap in the rear and just under 1 inch in the front. I currently have the Ford Racing B springs on it which lowers the car modestly. Maybe only 0.5 to 0.75 inches in the back with the B springs. I would like to try and go for a 1.5 inch lower to close off the gap. Though I think the fronts are OK right now and will likely leave the B springs alone there.

Let me know what you guys think?

Name:  Anny 1.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  197.3 KBName:  Anny 2.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  96.0 KBName:  Anny rub.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  104.0 KB
    Last edited by 5pointoh; 12-04-2018 at 07:03 PM.
    Current Mustangs:
    82 Silver GT - 5.0L crate motor, Tremec 3550 5 spd tranny, SVO brake kit, 8.8 rear end with 373s
    05 Legend Lime Fastback - some mods
    05 Screaming Yellow Vert - even more mods including Edelbrock blower