Close

FEP Member

Default What color is my carpet?

Time has come to order a carpet.i want a mass backed carpet.i had a mass back carpet that had come with the car,but I sold it to my buddy that has a svo.previous owner bought a dark gray carpet.which was the wrong color for my car,perfect for my buddies svo.any how,mine is the light gray color.almost a light silver color.i can’t seem to find the actual color name and where to find that color with mass backing.i checked rock auto seeing they have great prices but do not see the color I’m looking for.lmr has a jute backed one,not what I want.any hints?

What year is your car?
    If they take my stapler, then I'll set the building on fire...

85 Mustang GT

What year are we talking about here? And what is the interior trim color code on the door tag or buck tag or build sheet or owner card?
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Since you said the color of your carpet is light grey, almost light silver, that leads me to believe you might have an 85/86. These two years had a color called "Oxford Grey" for the carpet color.
    If they take my stapler, then I'll set the building on fire...

85 Mustang GT

Never heard the light color in the 85/86 cars called "Oxford Grey" I always head Dark Gray or Charcoal Grey and Light Grey. Did Ford actually call it Oxford grey?

Anyway, I believe the car in question is an 85 GT. So the carpet color would be the light grey as most vendors list it, althought NPD calls it Medium Grey, and after looking Fox Resto calls it Oxford Grey.

https://www.npdlink.com/product/carp.../164026/150467

https://lmr.com/item/ACC-8293CP-LTG/...ack-Light-Gray

https://www.foxresto.com/1979-93-Mus...t-p/cepass.htm

I still think the best price on carpet is Rock Auto. They list two possible colors per ACC, one is Graphite and the other is Medium Grey.

Personally I would request a sample from any vendor you are considering ordering carpet from. All of them will be ACC, but just to make sure you get the right color. Best of luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

For 1985 the seat side facings, lower door trim panel, and floor carpeting is "Oxford Grey" and the rest of the Interior is "Charcoal". When the interior is called "Charcoal/Grey" that means it's a two-tone interio

Same idea for Sand Beige/Buckskin, Canyon Red/Raven, and Regatta Blue/Dark Blue, except the red interior doesn't have two-tone seats.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 11-28-2018 at 08:34 PM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

FEP Member

Thanks fox chassis .foxresto is the only aftermarket dealer that lists their acc carpets under their original ford name.so I will order one through them.i wanted to be certain because there is a lot of different gray’s available.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxmatt View Post
    Thanks fox chassis .foxresto is the only aftermarket dealer that lists their acc carpets under their original ford name.so I will order one through them.i wanted to be certain because there is a lot of different gray’s available.
    Just an FYI its all ACC carpet. No matter what name they use.
    ​Trey

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

FEP Member

man!,sorry guys.a year would have helped!yes.its a 1985 oxford white gt with your run of the mill gray interior.its amazing how many gray's are available for those years.makes it real confusing.i see oxford grey listed through foxresto.would you guys buy a mass backed carpet even after all the sound deading i have done?would it be worth it?or would a regular jute backed carpet be sufficient?if i could save a few bucks..why not?would a mass backed carpet really make it even more quiet inside?

The mass backed carpeting is nice. I used it in my old 98 Cobra and it did make a difference without any additional sound deadening.

It will still make a difference in addition to your sound deadening, so if you are trying to quiet the car down as much as possible or just want it to sound and feel more like current model vehicles, then I would say go for it. How much quieter it makes the car is hard to really say or even judge as every car is different and will vary depending on how loud your exhaust is, how noisy your tire tread pattern is, how much sound deadening you installed already.

If the difference is price is not a deal breaker or issue for you, then I would say go for it.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller