Close

Default Can anyone get a pic of their T-Top weatherseal on the A-Pillar?

Hey everyone,

I'm wrapping up my T-Top weatherstripping job on my 1986 and I cannot determine a good way to finalize the A-Pillar end of the seal in the spot where the seal gets pinched by the door mirror. I've looked at all of the guides I can find online and all of them just sort of breeze over this section. Every which way I fit it seems okay, but it will just get ripped away when I close the door.

So can anyone snap a pic of that area with the door open so I can see the proper way to secure that end?

Thank you!

Here is a picture of my 1982 GT with the OEM weatherstripping in place. The mid 83-86 weatherstripping length on the A pillar is slightly different than the 81-early 82 cars, but maybe this will help.

Name:  2016-07-23 16.03.10.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  63.9 KB
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Man you're always coming to the rescue, thanks so much Trey! That told me exactly what I needed to know. I needed to tuck the little flap that rides the length of the A-Pillar to make it all lay properly. I've glued down the tips so now I'm just hoping it all sort of fits tomorrow once it's all dry.

Thanks again for the picture, of all things for me to not take a picture of before tearing apart. lol

Quote Originally Posted by haromaster87 View Post
    Man you're always coming to the rescue, thanks so much Trey! That told me exactly what I needed to know. I needed to tuck the little flap that rides the length of the A-Pillar to make it all lay properly. I've glued down the tips so now I'm just hoping it all sort of fits tomorrow once it's all dry.

Thanks again for the picture, of all things for me to not take a picture of before tearing apart. lol
    Glad to help! I remembered to take the picture when tearing my 82 GT apart, because I KNEW I wouldn't remember how it was supposed to go back together. Here we are at least 2 years later and still not back together. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller