Close

Default Rear upper control arms

So I have a pair of brand new upper control arms that were given to me years ago. I never had a reason to use them til now. I'm thinking that while I'm under the rear of the Saleen putting in the Eibach springs and shocks that maybe I should put them in too. I understand that replacing the rear lowers works as good as a set of quad shocks but what about the upper.s?? It seems a lot of people only do the lowers. Why???
    Last edited by dagenham; 11-25-2018 at 09:28 PM.
    Current Mustangs
    1966 6 cylinder coupe
    1984 SVO 9W
    1985 Saleen #132

When it comes to suspension and expert opinions I always go straight to Maximum Motorsports website. The info is presented in small nuggets which is great for me with a short attention span lol.

If running the stock setup, then the only upper control arms you want to use are the OEM Ford stamped steel uppers with GOOD RUBBER Bushings. Any of the boxed, tubular, etc. arms with poly bushings will cause binding in the rear suspension and adversely affect the handling.

I highly recommend the Maximum Motorsport lower control arms if you want to make a suspension improvement/upgrade, otherwise stick with the stock OEM lower control arms too IMHO. Others will disagree in regards to some of the other rear lower control arms available and some of them are better than others, but still for my $$ you can't beat the quality of the MM stuff. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller