Close

Threaded View

Well, I got my ABS headliner backboard from Rock Auto last night. Even though the piece seems to be great quality. THEY FOLDED IT! They bent it to place in a large box rather the shipping flat! Now, there was a label on the outside of the box that said it needed to be pulled out within 24 hrs and laid flat out of direct sunlight and it will go back to shape. I can very well see this if it was kinda rolled in a big loop, but this thing was folder FLAT. The gray ABS is all white where it was folded at the small strip at the dome light (Ttop area). It lays flat, but a limp noodle. Structurally gone. Super disappointed. Box seems to come from the manufacture (ACME) as it had brown carton tape with RA tape over that. I have located a phone number and will call them to see if this is standard procedure. To me it sounds like it is, but maybe not best for the t-top products.

I really can't see this happening for a covered product though, seems like it would really effect the upholstery.

Argh!

EDIT: Just a follow up. I talked to ACME directly and it is normal for them to send the the headliners "rolled" in the box otherwise we would be dealing with a freight cost rather than a parcel cost (which is a plus). They drop ship for RA so they packaged it. From the salesman's response, it is NOT normal to have it completely bent like in my case. They have asked for photos and order information which I'll get to them in the morning. At this point I don't know how it will be resolved, but it's moving forward.
    Last edited by ev5oh; 11-28-2018 at 02:15 PM.
    1983 Ford Mustang GT | T- Roof | Polar White | Black Sport Interior