Close

Thumbs up New (Returning) Member - STL, MO

Hey everybody, my name is Ryan, I’m 22 years old and I would just like to say I’m happy to be back on the forum after a long lapse! I was on the forum around 2010-2014, and eventually ended up Fox-less and fell off the wagon. My main intention in rejoining the forum is to try and brush up on both the community, and general Four Eye knowledge.
    Just a quick back story with where I’m at with cars in general.. After owning a few Four Eye cars through high school, one notable in particular (Silver ‘86 GT T-Top), I started to stray away into other things like a Focus ST, ‘03 Cobra, and now a CTS-V v2. The last Fox I owned was a Capri RS T-Top sometime around 2016-17. I’ve been itching more and more lately to get rid of the V2 and get into another Cobra and eventually another Four Eye. But, with the cars getting more expensive and far and few in between, I’m curious as to how that will play out. Moral of it, I miss the mustangs especially the early fox’s and figured this would be a great way to help suffice (or feed) the fix for now!

Thanks go out to those still on the forums, and, I look forward to future endeavors!

- Ryan

Ryan,

They are out there you just have to be patient and be willing to look. I am up in Des Moines and back in high school, I'm only a year older than you, I bought my 85. It took some time but they are out there. If craigslist is your go to then I would recommend a site called searchtempest (one word). Think of it as a fast way to search lots of craigslist locations at once, if you are willing to drive of course. I originally looked at a, oddly enough, Silver 86 T-Top GT in KC, then I looked at my current 85 up in NW Iowa. Although I think it might be late in the year to look they could still be waiting.

-James
    2015 F350 6.7 CCLB Platinum
    2008 Taurus 3.5
    1997 F250 7.3 RCLB ZF5
    1985 Mustang GT T-tops 5.0/T5
    1968 Pontiac LeMans 400/ST-300

James,

Oh right on, too cool. Yeah I have used searchtempest in the past, cool it’s still around I need to scan around again on there I kind of forgot about it honestly. At this rate I’ll be seriously looking around spring and considering selling my V, just hasn’t been doing it for me. But don’t think I could DD a Fox again lol.

You can DD anything you wish, I haven't really had a chance to drive mine this year as it has been dashless for most of it. As for par about the time it's done, this week/next they've already murdered the roads with salt... guess I'll have to wait till next driving season to get my other goodies installed.
    2015 F350 6.7 CCLB Platinum
    2008 Taurus 3.5
    1997 F250 7.3 RCLB ZF5
    1985 Mustang GT T-tops 5.0/T5
    1968 Pontiac LeMans 400/ST-300

Welcome back neighbor.
    Keith formerly STLPONDS
    '79 V8 coupe in the works!
    Build thread http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=89153