Close

FEP Member

Default 1983 GT, 57000 original miles on chassis. upgraded drive train

After owning for about 15 years i'm going to be parting ways with my 83GT. Its a 100% rust free , collision free all original body with 57K mies, always garaged (all its life). Rebuilt 8.8 with 3.55s, 1990 roller block with ported GT40 iron heads (not p heads). 1993 T5 , full stainless exhaust, Koni shocks, lowered, Pony R wheels. Much more. If you're interested pm me and i'll ping you my phone number. $6K OBO.

Steve
    Last edited by roller4v; 11-20-2018 at 03:41 PM.
    1983 Mustang GT

Holy cow. Very nice! Very fair price. But i will say if you could put some pics of the engine and interior up that would help.

SWWWEEEETTT! Nice car, GLWS. Could you please put some interior shots, hatch area, under hood and rear front head on. You car is sort of what I am looking for, early fox 5 speed V8 T5 Roller block, 8.8 with real gears, exhaust etc. I am looking for a 4 Eye car. For the right car and the right deal, I might seriously consider a non T-top car.

FEP Member

Car has been sold...

I bought my first 5.0 (an 85) in about 1995. After 23 years of being a foureyed owner i am now out of the club , a sad day for me.

Steve
    Last edited by roller4v; 11-20-2018 at 03:49 PM.
    1983 Mustang GT

Wow, that was quick! I didn't see the photo before it was removed. Is the car staying in Texas?
    Present: '84.5 Mustang GT T-top, '06 Mazdaspeed6
    Past: '79 5.0 Capri, '86 Buick GN, '90 Mustang GT, '92 SHO, '95 SHO
    Browse cover pages of my Fox Chassis related library

Why did you sell it? From the exterior pics it looks like someone got a good deal too!
    Current Mustangs:
    82 Silver GT - 5.0L crate motor, Tremec 3550 5 spd tranny, SVO brake kit, 8.8 rear end with 373s
    05 Legend Lime Fastback - some mods
    05 Screaming Yellow Vert - even more mods including Edelbrock blower

yes the car is staying in texas.

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5pointoh View Post
    Why did you sell it? From the exterior pics it looks like someone got a good deal too!
    Times change. Its going to a good home. The car hadn't been registered since 2014 and literally just sat in the garage for 4 years. I like old cars but my interests have kinda shifted away from this type of car as I rather have something I can drive everyday if I want and can haul stuff around in. Still, i would have rather not have sold it because I had a lot of time, money, and sentiment attachment to it. I just didn't have anyplace to store it where it wouldn't just deteriorate (I need the garage space). I couldn't watch it being taken away but its better off where it is going. Kinda sounds like a eulogy . Don't know why we (I) get so attached to inanimate objects .

Steve
    Last edited by roller4v; 11-21-2018 at 10:18 AM.
    1983 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by 2racersdad View Post
    yes the car is staying in texas.
    Good! New owner? Post some pics ... I didn't get to see those in the original ad post.
    Present: '84.5 Mustang GT T-top, '06 Mazdaspeed6
    Past: '79 5.0 Capri, '86 Buick GN, '90 Mustang GT, '92 SHO, '95 SHO
    Browse cover pages of my Fox Chassis related library

Quote Originally Posted by roller4v View Post
    Times change. Its going to a good home. The car hadn't been registered since 2014 and literally just sat in the garage for 4 years. I like old cars but my interests have kinda shifted away from this type of car as I rather have something I can drive everyday if I want and can haul stuff around in. Still, i would have rather not have sold it because I had a lot of time, money, and sentiment attachment to it. I just didn't have anyplace to store it where it wouldn't just deteriorate (I need the garage space). I couldn't watch it being taken away but its better off where it is going. Kinda sounds like a eulogy . Don't know why we (I) get so attached to inanimate objects .

Steve
    I know exactly the same feeling. I had an 85 GT back in 1990 when I was 19. I sold it only about 3 years ago. Since then I have missed my fox and have just recently purchased an 82 GT about 6 weeks ago. Maybe you will get the same fox itch? lol
    Current Mustangs:
    82 Silver GT - 5.0L crate motor, Tremec 3550 5 spd tranny, SVO brake kit, 8.8 rear end with 373s
    05 Legend Lime Fastback - some mods
    05 Screaming Yellow Vert - even more mods including Edelbrock blower