Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2020 Bronco Pictures Maybe

Name:  2020-ford-bronco-1.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  103.8 KB

Not 100% sure yet this is the real deal. Maybe, and if so its not a bad looking Bronco. I will save my final opinion to seeing it in real life and what engine or engine options Ford chooses to outfit the Bronco with.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/11/13/...021&yptr=yahoo
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

From what I have read and seen it is supposed to be based off of the Ranger platform. That would make it an OG style bronco and should look more like the 2004 concept or it would be a Bronco II in my opinion. I think it'll be a 4 door Ranger with a non-removable top.
    2015 F350 6.7 CCLB Platinum
    2008 Taurus 3.5
    1997 F250 7.3 RCLB ZF5
    1985 Mustang GT T-tops 5.0/T5
    1968 Pontiac LeMans 400/ST-300

Not bad. I hope they do the removable roof thing, otherwise it's not going to catch the attention of many Wrangler fans it's supposed to be winning over (witness what a great job the FJ and XTerra did of that ). I also would love to see the rumored 2-door actually happen too.

After all, the better this does, the more money Ford will have to bring back cars...
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Just my opinion but that is butt ugly. I sure don't want one. I doubt making it a two door will improve the looks for me.
    Current Mustangs
    1966 6 cylinder coupe
    1984 SVO 9W
    1985 Saleen #132

I can't say I LOVE it by any means. I had high hopes that Ford might get this one right, but I am just not sure.

I completely understand and agree with the original 2 door concept, but have to admit in my case, I would want a 4 Door if I am considering this as a new DD for my wife.

If this is still all Ranger under the skin, then the odds are I will not be interested. Nothing wrong with Turbo 4's, but I want/need more power than a 2.3 Turbo will provide and honestly I am sure you are going to have to spin that poor thing to get the power they are advertising. Hopefully at some point they will at least add a V6 or even a straight 6 would be fine, although I believe Ford has given up on straight 6's at this point due to overall size. Oh well, I guess I will have to wait a bit longer to make a decision, unless I get pissed off and just go buy a Grand Cherokee at this point.
    ​Trey

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

................YUK! But that is a dream look so hope it changes
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

They seem to have revised the link to say the pictured vehicle is the "Baby Bronco" aimed at the Jeep Renegade, rather than the Bronco. If you look at the middle pic, there is a larger outline shadow around it, probably suggesting the Bronco. So I would say the Bronco itself will be more "butch" than what's pictured here.

Trey, my Ecoboost Fusion's engine makes its power closer to the midrange than redline. It makes good grunt like a larger engine would, but then falls on its face after peak torque. It's a weird sensation, but it feels great driving around town. I would have to imagine the 2.3 acts similarly. Although. I have heard mention of the 2.7 Ecoboost V6 in conjunction with the Bronco also.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

FEP Power Member

I was hoping to see a Bronco at SEMA this year. No signs of any. It seemed to be the year of the Ranger at the Ford booth.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

I think is the new bronco looked anything like the concepts that people have been wishing upon they would sell great. 4dr version would probably sell more as it is impractical for most to have a 2 dr truck anymore. But they would still sell 2dr version as well. I just foresee Ford muddying up the Bronco name the same way Chevy has with the new Blazer.
    Name:  2020 bronco wish.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  104.8 KB
    Name:  best-2018-ford-bronco-concept.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  104.6 KB
    2008 Taurus 3.5
    1997 F250 7.3 RCLB ZF5

Will keep a lookout for Bronco mules on the road here in Metro Detroit.
    Going to check out Michigan Assy's plant lot in Wayne MI for Rangers.
    https://www.motor1.com/news/273095/f...ts-production/

I think I have just given up on new cars/trucks. Too expensive, mostly ugly, no style, no resale. I told my wife my next truck will be a mid 80s crew cab that I'll drag home from the southwest and update to my liking. After all the warranty issues and denials I've had with my colorado and the wife's t&c I'm just done with the big three.

The problem with anything warranty is that the manufacturers have the dealers on such a tight leash that they can't do anything without going through all these hoops to get something done. If it's mechanical/within mileage/broken they replace it. Anything else is a game the dealers have to play to show that something meets the specs stated to perform a warranty repair. Otherwise you either need to pay for it or leave it alone.
    The best option is to find a one of the few "Mom & Pop" dealers left to buy and whatnot as they are able to help you within their pocket. Anything corporate/franchise will be either the Manufacture pays or you pay. Not a whole lot of middle ground.
    Just a little tid bit from someone who was a service advisor. Loved the people and the job, hated the people coming in the door as they only crap on the advisor when they have no control on anything. A service advisor is nothing more than a glorified relay (and salesmen of course) for the tech's & part's department.
    It's just one of the things that you get when you but a new car. You either get one that can work with you and is great or one that can't and you'll hate.
    2008 Taurus 3.5
    1997 F250 7.3 RCLB ZF5

James I've worked in all the bowtie dealers, and that is why I finally gave up. Whiners got everything, legit problems got ignored, inept parts guys, and sorry to say many s?*%y or worse advisors and managers. My mistake was thinking I could just fix cars. I dont do shop politics and I am way too honest to work in most if the shops I did. Ps. 9 days out of warranty with 30400miles I got told to pound sand by the dealer and gm

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrEFI View Post
    They seem to have revised the link to say the pictured vehicle is the "Baby Bronco" aimed at the Jeep Renegade, rather than the Bronco. If you look at the middle pic, there is a larger outline shadow around it, probably suggesting the Bronco. So I would say the Bronco itself will be more "butch" than what's pictured here.

Trey, my Ecoboost Fusion's engine makes its power closer to the midrange than redline. It makes good grunt like a larger engine would, but then falls on its face after peak torque. It's a weird sensation, but it feels great driving around town. I would have to imagine the 2.3 acts similarly. Although. I have heard mention of the 2.7 Ecoboost V6 in conjunction with the Bronco also.
    Once again, not sure why Ford needs 2 Broncos. The Expedition/Excursion are/were the 4 door versions of a Bronco off the later model F150/F250 and now since the F150-F350 share the same cab once again, I see no need for a full size Bronco, except I guess it will be the 2 door version only. Time will tell. Although if the shadow/silhouette is any idea, it doesn't appear to share any body parts with the current F150 although I could be wrong.

We drove the 2.0 Ecoboost (IIRC) in the 2015 Edge when we bought my wife's. She HATED IT! Very peaky and just felt too small for the vehicle. Would have loved to get the 3.5 Ecoboost, but only the 3.5 V6 was available. Overall been pretty happy with the engine performance overall. Around time it works just fine, but honestly a Turbo would be nice when traveling over the Rockies to Denver or just heading up to the mountains for camping/etc. I can deal with less than stellar fuel mileage, but can't handle lack of HP in any of my vehicles.

I guess we still have another 9-12 months before we know what the real Bronco(s) will look like and what kind of power they will have. Oh well, maybe I need to go test drive a Grand Cherokee and see if I can even stomach it.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

They definitely do not need two Broncos. I guess the smaller one (which as far as I know hasn't been named yet--it's just "Bronco-inspired") will be in between the Ecosport and Escape in size, and the Bronco will be Ranger-based, so mid-size truck, not full size. Think '90-01 Explorer size, maybe a bit bigger. Aimed straight at the Wrangler. Solid rear axle and stuff.

The next gen Explorer will really not be all that different from the Grand Cherokee. Both unibody, RWD. Only difference is GC gets a V8. Explorer will offer an ST version with the 3.5 Ecoboost though. Ford DOES like to charge ridiculously high prices for their popular products though.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Yeah! The Escape and smaller just don't work for me and my size. We will wait and see at this point.

The Explorer is a decent vehicle, my in-laws have one. Been decent and reliable, but I wouldn't put the Explorer and the Grand Cherokee in the same class. At least not in regards to off-road capabilities. The Explorer has no ground clearance IMHO, nothing wrong with it as a DD and general all around vehicle, but definitely not something I would want to take down any less than smooth dirt road. Same issue with our Edge, great all around vehicle, but can't take it down anything but the smoothest dirt roads and that is irritating the wife and her new extreme Kayaking desires.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Rumor has it that Ford just renewed the copyright on "Maverick".

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by James2488 View Post
    I think is the new bronco looked anything like the concepts that people have been wishing upon they would sell great. 4dr version would probably sell more as it is impractical for most to have a 2 dr truck anymore. But they would still sell 2dr version as well. I just foresee Ford muddying up the Bronco name the same way Chevy has with the new Blazer.
    Name:  2020 bronco wish.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  104.8 KB
    Name:  best-2018-ford-bronco-concept.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  104.6 KB
    Now these 2 pictures look bad ass! I like them
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

My first thought on seeing the blues one was 1970-72 Jeepster.

Attachment 125038

Mike

This is another version of the blue one above but as a 4 door. I thought it looked pretty good and had promise.

Name:  28db04f6f25790b4de416cb7bc503094.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  118.4 KB
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd chance cobra View Post
    James I've worked in all the bowtie dealers, and that is why I finally gave up. Whiners got everything, legit problems got ignored, inept parts guys, and sorry to say many s?*%y or worse advisors and managers. My mistake was thinking I could just fix cars. I dont do shop politics and I am way too honest to work in most if the shops I did. Ps. 9 days out of warranty with 30400miles I got told to pound sand by the dealer and gm
    I could deal with the shop politics that wasn't a bother for me. The issue was people thought the dealer was in control of there warranty and that the dealer wants customer pay, yes a lot of guy do but I just wanted to get the customer taken care of. I had a lady come in on a late Saturday, half hour before close, and she had an issue. Her 3yr/36kmi warranty expired on Sunday and we weren't open Sundays. I tried to talk her into leaving her car but she had to have it and I told her when she came back on Monday it would be out of warranty and it would be up to her to take care of the costs to repair it. She came in Monday and went to a different advisor (thank goodness) and they told her it was out of warranty and she would need to cover the cost of the repair. She freaked out and had to talk to the Service manager, and he said the same thing. She had her chance and let it go, people automatically think that it is the dealer not willing to work with the person but if we would have noted it under warranty they would have rejected it and they would have to get the customer to pay. The way we had it set up was that if they wouldn't pay, it would come out of our (advisor) pay (that sucked). The service department will do anything if someone pays for it, whether it is the manufacture, extended warranty company or the customer. No pay, no work. The best option would to be call the manufacture customer service line because if they put up a stink through them it'll more than likely get covered if it's that close.

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    This is another version of the blue one above but as a 4 door. I thought it looked pretty good and had promise.

Name:  28db04f6f25790b4de416cb7bc503094.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  118.4 KB
    This is what I mean, they have the possibility to do this correctly, but I think it'll be a wrong.
    2008 Taurus 3.5
    1997 F250 7.3 RCLB ZF5

Yep, Ford's on a roll of making stupid decisions (stop selling sedans, keep the Mustang around just so you can make it a sedan... and so on). I see no reason why that will stop now.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Love the dealer story write up. Brings back memories. Worked in dealer parts depts late 70's. One honest, one not.
    At least once a week, we would hear a customer get freaked out loud at the pay window. No pay=no keys.
    Usually customer's fault saying 'fix it' and not getting estimate, setting cost limit, call to ok over run. Open check book.
    Service depends on dealer policy. Some good, some bad, most in middle. The people at mine been there for years.
    No money in warranty work. Mechanics loved jobs were they could stack time units.
    Job shop time specs repair taking 4 hours, get done in 2, still get paid for 4. The stack. Most did that.

Cost of car prob has MSRP padded to cover some future warranty costs or recall. No claims, more profit.
    High costs now reflect the mega massive qc program and automation used to minimize bad parts. Easily tripled costs.
    More parts than ever are made by a vender, supplier. They eat the warranty cost. Long process. Red tape.
    Small parts no big deal. Bigger iffy parts are biggest problem. Electrical. The A/C that fails one day out of warranty.
    Who's fault? Design, manufacture defect? Damage by mishandling? When? Call the district reps? Dealer gets a ding on record.
    Ford at one time had lifetime warranty on replacement parts. Now pretty much only chain parts stores do that.

Quote Originally Posted by gr79 View Post
    Love the dealer story write up. Brings back memories. Worked in dealer parts depts late 70's. One honest, one not.
    At least once a week, we would hear a customer get freaked out loud at the pay window. No pay=no keys.
    Usually customer's fault saying 'fix it' and not getting estimate, setting cost limit, call to ok over run. Open check book.
    Service depends on dealer policy. Some good, some bad, most in middle. The people at mine been there for years.
    No money in warranty work. Mechanics loved jobs were they could stack time units.
    Job shop time specs repair taking 4 hours, get done in 2, still get paid for 4. The stack. Most did that.

Cost of car prob has MSRP padded to cover some future warranty costs or recall. No claims, more profit.
    High costs now reflect the mega massive qc program and automation used to minimize bad parts. Easily tripled costs.
    More parts than ever are made by a vender, supplier. They eat the warranty cost. Long process. Red tape.
    Small parts no big deal. Bigger iffy parts are biggest problem. Electrical. The A/C that fails one day out of warranty.
    Who's fault? Design, manufacture defect? Damage by mishandling? When? Call the district reps? Dealer gets a ding on record.
    Ford at one time had lifetime warranty on replacement parts. Now pretty much only chain parts stores do that.
    I worked at a small Ford dealership in Navasota TX for several years. Worked the back counter of the Parts dept. The manager worked the front counter since we had virtually no walk in customers and allowed him to socialize with the service advisors/manager. Overall the dealership was pretty ethical with the customers. No so much when it came to our paychecks. We were paid a very small base salary $600/month IIRC (early 90's) and then commission on top of that. No big deal until they wanted us to up our monthly sales. so the 3 of us in the parts department busted butt to meet our new sales goals. I believe it was $100K for the month. We missed it the first month by a couple of grand, but still better than normal. Next month we hit it on the head, the month after that we broke it by $5K or $10k and then suddenly we get hit with $40k in "Advertising costs" that had NEVER been that high before. So after all that work to increase our sales my monthly commission check was less than what I was making before our sales had increased. Needless to say that was when I gave my notice and went to work elsewhere.

I also remember at one point Ford had a Gold Warranty program. I believe it was what GR79 mentions above on the replacement parts. We had a customer with an 80's era 6.9 Diesel that he had new glow plugs installed every year like clock work under warranty at $0 cost to him. Irritated the Service Manager every time he pulled up.
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Quote Originally Posted by gr79 View Post
    Mechanics loved jobs were they could stack time units.
    Yeah, that was the only way you made a decent wage. I was a tech for a while myself. If your shop time added up to more than the amount of time you were there, you got "incentive wage", which was more reasonable. Base wage was a joke. Can't feed a family on that. Like was said, warranty jobs paid very little, so it was very difficult to make money with those. Customer pay was where it was at. Although, whatever organization determines how much shop time a job pays must be somewhat in the pockets of some large dealership owner group or something. Those keep decreasing too. With the way the owners act, you'd swear they were just scraping by. But the dealer I worked at, the shop was very old and dumpy, especially compared to the showroom. Huge disconnect there. The customer paid something like $95/hr labor cost in 1999. My base wage was $13/hr. Where is the rest of that money going? Overhead?! Don't make me laugh! I was working in about half a stall with no hoist! No wonder they're having problems getting people to go into this industry! Of my Ford Asset graduating class, next to NONE are still dealership techs.
    Brad

'17 Ford Focus ST

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast