Close

Thread: 1985 Saleen #93

I like it! I wonder what it will take to own it?

I know the Saleen color options were limited, but I do have to ask . . Was every dang 85/86 Saleen RED?! I really don't like Red cars. Oh well, soap box off.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Most were Black, Red (mostly 2R, fewer 2A), or White. Even less were Blue, Brown, or Grey. 85-0031 is some sort of "Green" but I haven't nailed down the color code yet...original buck tag is not on the car.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Fox, any chance you have a pic of the brown saleen?

I do not, sorry.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Most were Black, Red (mostly 2R, fewer 2A), or White. Even less were Blue, Brown, or Grey. 85-0031 is some sort of "Green" but I haven't nailed down the color code yet...original buck tag is not on the car.
    #31 is Dk Slate Metallic...which I believe is 4M. I messaged the owner to confirm. Pretty sure there was only one built in Med. Canyon Red, and one in Medium Regatta Blue (it belongs to a friend of mine in Indiana). There were a few in Midnight Blue. There were 2 in Clove Brown, but I've never seen them. There were 5 built in Charcoal, but as mentioned, Jalapeno Red, White and Black were the staples.

I know the 2nd owner of #31 from back in the 90's. He bought it from the original owner who worked at a Ford Dealer. He did a ground up restoration on the car back then with all new Ford parts, and put it back together better than new. This was done at only 13k miles There are pictures of the car in the SALEEN section of this forum from a car show back in 1998 where the car is in Museum condition...with mirrors all underneath it and wheels off to see the suspension.

As for the car in the OP....it was talked about in here a couple years ago when it was for sale. I think it belonged to a member in here at one point or still does.

Scroll through this blast from the past. Plenty of discussion about color break down, and some pics of the rare Light Regatta Blue and Dark Slate 1 of 1's. http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...993#post733993
    Last edited by sowaxeman; 11-12-2018 at 05:00 PM.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    I really don't like Red cars. Oh well, soap box off.
    [hissy fit mode] Well you're just a big stupid dummy head then [/hissy fit mode]

Me, I hate green cars.

Quote Originally Posted by sowaxeman View Post
    #31 is Dk Slate Metallic...which I believe is 4M. I messaged the owner to confirm. Pretty sure there was only one built in Med. Canyon Red, and one in Medium Regatta Blue (it belongs to a friend of mine in Indiana). There were a few in Midnight Blue. There were 2 in Clove Brown, but I've never seen them. There were 5 built in Charcoal, but as mentioned, Jalapeno Red, White and Black were the staples.

I know the 2nd owner of #31 from back in the 90's. He bought it from the original owner who worked at a Ford Dealer. He did a ground up restoration on the car back then with all new Ford parts, and put it back together better than new. This was done at only 13k miles There are pictures of the car in the SALEEN section of this forum from a car show back in 1998 where the car is in Museum condition...with mirrors all underneath it and wheels off to see the suspension.

As for the car in the OP....it was talked about in here a couple years ago when it was for sale. I think it belonged to a member in here at one point or still does.

Scroll through this blast from the past. Plenty of discussion about color break down, and some pics of the rare Light Regatta Blue and Dark Slate 1 of 1's. http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...993#post733993
    Yes, 4M is Dark Slate Metallic. 85-0031 has a buck tag from a 1979 5W Mustang and what looks like it's original DSO (special order) buck tag. I couldn't get a good pic of either tag.

I only know of one of the 8Y Dark Clove Brown in 1985.

I only know of one 2A Medium Canyon Red in 1985 so far. It's a GT with a T-roof and a factory Ford cassette. It was not a 'special order' (DSO 11). There was at least one 2A in 1986. It was a special order LX (DSO 220499).
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

The medium canyon red 1985 is a car I located for sale and interacted with the owner in detail on.

It is an AC and cruise delete T roof car. A gold stripe kit with 15” mesh wheels.

The car was one family owned until recently. The boy had his dad’s Saleen for sale. Name I can’t recall but I can dig for records and photos. He said his dad ordered it and he was there when it was ordered and picked some of the options

1985-031 if memory serves

the car had 306 longblock and an 8.8 installed along with a gear change.

I could not justify spending so much on a non original car so I passed. I know $15K wouldn’t buy the car last year.

It was one of just a few 1985 GT cars that received a Saleen conversion including LX facia swap, etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by erratic50; 11-12-2018 at 08:08 PM.

85-0031 is 4M. The 2A car is 85-0035. It is not A/C and cruise "delete". Those items were optionsl and were not ordered. You can't delete options. You can only delete standard equipment.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Quote Originally Posted by BMW Rider View Post
    [hissy fit mode] Well you're just a big stupid dummy head then [/hissy fit mode]

Me, I hate green cars.

Hey, I think your car looks good!

I will agree . . . I HATE green cars!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    The medium canyon red 1985 is a car I located for sale and interacted with the owner in detail on.

It is an AC and cruise delete T roof car. A gold stripe kit with 15” mesh wheels.

The car was one family owned until recently. The boy had his dad’s Saleen for sale. Name I can’t recall but I can dig for records and photos. He said his dad ordered it and he was there when it was ordered and picked some of the options

1985-031 if memory serves

the car had 306 longblock and an 8.8 installed along with a gear change.

I could not justify spending so much on a non original car so I passed. I know $15K wouldn’t buy the car last year.

It was one of just a few 1985 GT cars that received a Saleen conversion including LX facia swap, etc.
    That backasswards hood scoop is hideous!
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride