Close

FEP Power Member

Default 87-93 master cylinder on a 82-86 mustang fitment questions?

Hey guys, will the master cylinder from an aero mustang bolt on to our 4 eye cars? I like the idea of the plastic container for the brake fluid. I bought a new steel master cylinder a couple years ago, but it rusts bad or something, even turns my brake fluid real dirty from the rust

I believe the later mc has 3 ports instead of the 2 on the early one, so you will have to deal with that. Maybe try one from a v6 non abs drum brake 94-5. But again, it has iso flares instead of regular flares, so you will have to correct that too

You’d have to replace the booster as well, I believe. The aero’s push rod is like a 1/4” longer. I’m not certain those are that adjustable.

FEP Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd chance cobra View Post
    Maybe try one from a v6 non abs drum brake 94-5.
    That never existed. All SN95's regardless of engine and ABS equipment had 4 wheel discs.
    '85 GT

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by qikgts View Post
    That never existed. All SN95's regardless of engine and ABS equipment had 4 wheel discs.
    Thanks guys, guess I'm stuck with the metal or cast iron master cylinder, the one on my car was aluminum, must have been stock right? It was leaking, only reason why I replaced it