Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default 1986...

Sold..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Johnathantickle; 11-11-2018 at 08:16 PM.

Thanks for posting it up. It looks nice. It looks a lot like a car that someone going by svobc had listed a couple years ago that didn't sell. The mileage was even identical. I had asked him for additional detail I never got. I would put up some interior and under hood pictures. It does look very clean. I would have to cut at least a foot off of those tailpipes but otherwise it looks very clean in the pictures posted. Some more detail might be useful. Does the heat work, does the AC work, how many owners, where is it located, what else aside from the exhaust has been changed? etc. Hemmings is also a good place to list unique cars like this if you want top dollar. The sad news for all of us Four Eye Fans is rare does not necessarily equal value. A 1982 Chevette is extremely rare.
    Last edited by homer302; 11-05-2018 at 07:20 PM.

I wondered if it was same car. About 1,500 miles more than his. How do I post more? Couldn’t load but 5
    Last edited by Johnathantickle; 11-05-2018 at 08:07 PM.

As per the guidelines and rules at the top of the classifieds:

1. City and State Required for ALL Ads – You have two options: add your City and State in your profile (City and Province for Canada, other countries…we’ll just wing it), or you must put it in the ad itself. You may then delete your location in the ad once the item has sold.

Please update your ad within 24 hours.

Very nice looking SVO. GLWS
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Quote Originally Posted by 4-barrel Mike View Post
    Yeah, I already pointed that out above. I was hoping this was a different owner or different car.

Default 1986 SVO 7B ...more pics...

sold...
    Last edited by Johnathantickle; 11-11-2018 at 08:18 PM.

Just reply with more pictures. You don't have to add to the original one. So you ended up buying it I take it? You are not the other seller? 1,500 more miles is about what one would expect after 3 years. We are all well versed in how unusual things are. There's a crap ton of people on here who think Four Eye cars are "worth" $12,000 but I've yet to run across a single person that actually paid someone that for one. A lot of talk about Saleens that are "worth" $18K but again. I am not aware of anyone that actually paid that for one. I'm not saying it won't happen. I am saying it is not reality today. The ones bringing money today are Aero Saleens etc. It just is what it is.
    Last edited by homer302; 11-05-2018 at 08:10 PM.

Default 1986 SVO 7B...more pics...

Sold...
    Last edited by Johnathantickle; 11-11-2018 at 08:19 PM.

I was bidding on this very car this weekend at the sale in North Carolina. It sold for $10,750 plus 7% commission.

Quote Originally Posted by jginger View Post
    I was bidding on this very car this weekend at the sale in North Carolina. It sold for $10,750 plus 7% commission.
    You are talking about the Greensboro auction? Hilarious. The engine never even cooled off before it was for sale.

So the previous owner hung on to it for 3 more years even though it was a "rare" color and gave up and sent it to auction. I can't wait until things come back to reality again.

Sold...
    Last edited by Johnathantickle; 11-11-2018 at 08:20 PM.

These cars have heated up and you will get the money for it, that I am sure of. I would put it on eBay or Hemmings. BTW, I have a 1986 7B with 30000 miles. This is a rare color and short of the 85.5s the best year in my opinion. Good luck with the sale.

FEP Senior Member

I used to own one with leather, and no sunroof. All of the 7Bs are "rare." If I remember correctly, it had around 14,000 miles on it when I sold it in 2011. It was sold to a guy in TX, then it was sold to a guy in Canada and now I believe it was sold again. I was the second owner and it had 8500 miles when I purchased it. I feel that the Shadow Blue and the Sage Green are the coolest colors on the SVOs. Good luck with the sale. The SVOs have crept up in value the last couple of years...not when I sold it in 2011.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

I was a phone bidder.

I have to say that is a real cool blue colour!

I've seen this car in person before its nice, not the best car to flip though with so many Svo's on the market not selling.

Anyone interested before it goes on eBay. Hate to post it there but my garage space is limited.

Was this car at Foxtoberfest last month? I sold a set of Marchal covers to a guy with a car exactly like this...higher miles, had been restored VERY well, and had tailpipes like this that stuck out a bit far in the back.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

This is a very nice SVO.....really cool colour. Going on eBay is probably a good idea. Will give you more exposure.

Sold...
    Last edited by Johnathantickle; 11-11-2018 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pointoh View Post
    This is a very nice SVO.....really cool colour. Going on eBay is probably a good idea. Will give you more exposure.
    Yeah and unfortunately more exposure to the world of scammers. I live in Egypt and I will give you $25,000 for this car if you hold the money for me......
    I would actually put it on Hemmings before eBay. Much better crowd on there. Please cut the tailpipes down before listing on eBay. If you live in NC tell me where and I will bring a sawzall over and cut them down for free, just cover the gas money.
    Last edited by homer302; 11-10-2018 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sowaxeman View Post
    Was this car at Foxtoberfest last month? I sold a set of Marchal covers to a guy with a car exactly like this...higher miles, had been restored VERY well, and had tailpipes like this that stuck out a bit far in the back.
    That is Rich Franklin and his 7B.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast