Close

New User

Default Pre-heat hookup help

Not sure thats the correct terminology but on my 85 gt i have the 2 pre-geat valves on the dual snorkel intake that are not hooked up and i would like to since we have cold mornings here.
    I found “ducting” on rockauto to pull heat from the headers but have 0 clue how to hook up the vacuum needed to operate the 2 valve body things.
    can anyone help or have i lost everyone just guessing at names of parts LOL.
    Thanks

Check under the exhaust thread. its right near the top

New User

Thanks

The ducts go down to the headers. The valves themselves are connected to a valve on the rear of the air cleaner by the small plastic vacuum tubing. If you still have the vacuum hose sticker on your car the correct routing is there for everything
    Current Mustangs
    1966 6 cylinder coupe
    1984 SVO 9W
    1985 Saleen #132

Make sure the air motors aren't leaking. Put a hose on the fitting and suck out the air or use a vacuum pump to do the same. The valves should change and hold. If they don't hold, there's a leak.
    W

As always, "It ain't what you don't know that gets you, it's what you think you know that just ain't so."

The good news is that if they leak you can buy new ones.
    Current Mustangs
    1966 6 cylinder coupe
    1984 SVO 9W
    1985 Saleen #132

I lived in Ohio back in the '80s not WI but it got plenty cold there. I put 1986 headers on my '84 as soon as I could and I never had a problem with the stock carb working in the winter.