Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I would just tie it off somewhere safe. It won't hurt anything to keep pumping air through it.

I got my cross member from cjpony and it was very nice, well made. Search my posts and you can find pics of it. I went with the catted h bbk pipe though. Couldn't risk smelly fumes in a convertible.
    1984.5 G.T.350 5.0 CFI AOD Convertible (TRX package, loaded)
    Hooker Super Comp Shorty Equal Length Headers
    GT40 heads, Edelbrock 3721, K&N filter in stock dual snorkel,
    Comp cams XE254H, hypereutectic pistons, catted BBK H-pipe, full custom duals.
    3.73 rear. CS5 225/60/15 on 10 holes (street) Federal 595 rs-rr 225/45/15 on 10 holes (race)
    Everything else stock and fully functional.

Don’t get caught in Nebraska on a public road with a car that was originally equipped with cars and exhaust without cats

Unless the engine block is 1972 and older you’re going to face an enormous fine for tampering with federally mandated emissions

If memory serves the fine is over $5000.00 and can carry jail time.

not worth it!

Well, he is in Indiana so I assume they jail you if you don't remove the smog protections... That and if you get caught not carrying a gun.
    1984.5 G.T.350 5.0 CFI AOD Convertible (TRX package, loaded)
    Hooker Super Comp Shorty Equal Length Headers
    GT40 heads, Edelbrock 3721, K&N filter in stock dual snorkel,
    Comp cams XE254H, hypereutectic pistons, catted BBK H-pipe, full custom duals.
    3.73 rear. CS5 225/60/15 on 10 holes (street) Federal 595 rs-rr 225/45/15 on 10 holes (race)
    Everything else stock and fully functional.

Yeah, I really have no issues with going full stock emissions, but also no mandates locally to do so. With going true full duals just trying to understand trade offs with a modified system. Trying to get full benefits from upgrade but staying close to stock when possible. All comments have been helpful!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12