Close

Default Help ID'ing old Holley carb

I was going through a pile of holley carbs I have. A couple 700 cfm 4150's, a 670 street avenger, etc. But there's one I can't figure out.

These are the numbers on it:
    List-7923

Do any of you have a book that might list this one? I went through the web and didn't really find anything. I'd like to know as much info as possible, but mainly the cfm. A buddy is needing a small carb for an old car of some sort, which is why I'm going through them.

Thx!

FEP Senior Member

I was able to find some more information using the 2011491 which appears to be an OEM number. I found references to a GM medium duty truck application with the 366 and 427 (both tall deck big blocks) V8. I see references to a 4150EG which I am not familiar with at all. It has front and rear metering blocks, but only a front accelerator pump. Can you post some pics?

Look something like this?
    https://www.carbkitsource.com/kits/ck0206.html

Apparently the "G" stands for governed. Never seen or messed with one of these. No clue on the CFM.
    Last edited by KevinVarnes; 11-02-2018 at 12:05 AM.
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire

Thanks for the research, Kevin. I can post pics tonight. I'm actually at work for a couple more weeks and had the wife go through and take close-up pics of the numbers yesterday. I'll have her send me some more when she gets off work tonight.

Here are a few pics. I didn't know it was missing a part till she sent me the full pics. I don't even remember where it came from. At this point, it doesn't really matter. It's just a crusty ol conversation piece. But now it has me a little curious.

Name:  received_364261100997398.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  45.6 KB
    Name:  received_738848033145512.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  114.6 KB
    Name:  received_342742376279809.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  34.3 KB

FEP Senior Member

It is a goofy carb for sure. From some reading I did the governor was apparently to prevent over-revving on the trucks. Not sure why that would be a problem. I'm not sure if you can remove all of that stuff on either side of the main body or not. It seems strange that they chose to use the 4150 for this application as opposed to the 4160. Not sure why they thought they would need the secondary metering block of a 4150 versus just a metering plate as on the 4160. I still haven't found any information referencing the CFM rating of the carb. I believe the 4150 has been offered in anything from 390CFM up to 850CFM through its 60 or so years of production so it could be anything. Either way, as you mention, it is more of a conversation piece than anything.
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire

Drove a new leased Ryder 1976 GMC C65 366/5-2sp box truck for a few weeks.
    Long wb 24' or so fiberglass box, liftgate, bench seat.
    Definitely had a Holley. Noted that doing the daily under hood pre-check.
    Was a blast to drive and a treat to hear the carb and dual exhaust purr on the freeway.
    Moved out pretty good. Empty, could hole shot cars and keep in front for a bit from a light. Not with a load (might shift).
    No recall of any rev limits shifting. Rear gear was short of course and did not want to wreak the nice work truck.
    Governor for sure. Would get to 70 loaded then something backed the engine down.
    Felt like a rev limiter cut off, like a miss till you let up then it smoothed out at 65 or so.
    Could sneak it back up to 70 with a gentle throttle on level stretch of road, but would trip something again.
    Gov prob was more to limit top speed. Had plenty of pedal. Seems like uphill would keep speed though.
    Was way faster than the old 'all truck' gas IH it replaced, same size box and load.