Close

Default '86 and up clutch/flywheel in a SROD

Quick question, I'm thinking of replacing the clutch on my '82 GT SROD. I'm also considering an '86 and up T5 10.5" clutch with matching 10.5" flywheel for it. Will everything bolt right up with with my SROD bellhousing? Any other issues?

Thanks!

Transmission bolt pattern is completely different. SROD pattern is the same as TKO500, so there is good trade potential.

Mike

FEP Senior Member

Your post left me a little confused. Are you asking if you can use a '86+ 10.5" clutch and flywheel and if that will fit in your bellhousing, or are you asking if you can use that AND a T-5 transmission with your bellhousing?
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire

Quote Originally Posted by KevinVarnes View Post
    Your post left me a little confused. Are you asking if you can use a '86+ 10.5" clutch and flywheel and if that will fit in your bellhousing, or are you asking if you can use that AND a T-5 transmission with your bellhousing?
    '86 up 10.5" clutch and flywheel with my SROD and it's bellhousing.

I am also interested in this info. I am debating about using my SROD bellhousing to upgrade to a tr-3650/3550, which would require the upgrade to 10.5" 26 spline clutch.

Should work fine. I have used the SROD bell on many TKOs with 10.5" flywheels and clutches.
    1986 CHP SSP Coupe