Close

Thread: New in NM

Default New in NM

Hey- Just found this site. Glad to know there are a bunch of lunatics like me out there that like this old stuff. I have an '82 GT that has been sitting in my garage most of its life. I'm the original owner and it has 3,600-miles. The only activity it has had in the last 22-years is I hide my kids Christmas presents in the back. Looking forward to getting it running over the winter. I also have some NOS items that I will be selling when I am allowed to post in the classifieds.

Stay tuned.....I'll be around.

WOW! I have no idea how you could buy a brand new 1982 GT and only put 3600 miles on it!

I would probably have 3600 miles on it in the first month!

Welcome to FEP and Sounds like an awesome GT! Please post up some pictures no matter how it looks right now. We are a visually excitable group of enthusiasts so help us out here. I too own a 1982 GT, although not the original owner nor a low mileage car either. Let us know what we can do to help in regards to getting your GT back on the road.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Welcome! This sounds like an AMAZING car! Please share some pictures when you can and let us know what you need help with!

From a guy that has nearly 1/2 million on my 1986GT I second what Trey said...... I'd have a hard time not putting 3600 miles on that car in one month!

Name:  IMG_6484.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  100.5 KBName:  IMG_6484.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  100.5 KBYeah...bought this thing, then a jet boat with a 428CJ, spent the 80's playing with that, then wound up with an '88 Turbo Coupe and used that as the road trip car. Married, twin daughters, built a house, blah, blah, blah... The GT just kinda' got moved to the side with ideas of "some day...." Kids are graduating college soon and that "some day" has finally come. It should come to life pretty easily, especially with the tips I have found from the Four Eye members. Looks like a pretty solid group.Name:  IMG_6483.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  104.8 KB

Welcome to FEP, Wow, What a Awesome Looking car. Looks like it was wrapped up and put in a time capsule. You are a better man than me because I would have had to drive that beauty. I would love to have a 428CJ for a 1969 mustang.
    1967 mustang coupe -sold
    1967 cougar GT - sold
    1984 Mustang L 5.0L - Totaled
    1984 Mustang GT 5.0L
    2007 Mustang GT convertible ( wifes car)
    1997 F-350 powerstroke
    USMC Retired 1981-2001

Wow that does indeed look like a time capsule....and you have got T-tops too! Very nice.....and yes this is a very cool site with a ton of 4 eye lunatics hanging around. How about some pics of the engine compartment?

Welcome! That is a beautiful car! More pics please. That could be the best 82 in the world

Wow... Welcome to FEP.. Yes, can't wait to se more pictures...