Close

Default 1981 Capri T-Tops

I have a modified 81 Capri T-Top in beautiful condition. Was owned for 30 years by an engine builder who installed a performance 1970 302 with 351W heads, 4 speed top loader transmission with a hurst competition plus shifter. The build sheet on the engine is too long to list, it has an 8.8 rear end, 3.73 gears and long tube headers, car runs amazing and sounds even better. There is zero rust on this car anywhere and I gutted the interior over this past winter and also had it repainted this summer. While the interior was out I installed a decent sound system with 5 channel amp and sub in the hatch. Has RS hood and some RS badging on the interior including the door panels, steering wheel and dash. Original metal louvres are in great shape.

This is a turn key car with old school muscle car performance and sound. Turns heads everywhere I take it.

I'm in Windsor, Ontario right on the border to Detroit MI. Importing this car to the US is very easy you only need the registration/title and the bill of sale. I am asking $10K Canadian or $8K USD. I love the car but need to sell it to make room for another car I just bought.

Thanks for looking, I have lots of pics and video of the car running.

Allan

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by wraithracing; 11-02-2018 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Text Color
    HAD
    14 Mustang GT
    94 Mustang GT
    93 Mustang LX

HAVE
    81 Capri - 302 with 351 heads, 4 speed top loader
    68 Mustang Coupe - 351W, 5 speed tremec

Wow that is a really nice car for that price! It should sell very quickly.

where are the links to more photos and videos.

is that a mustang II steering wheel, i have the same one in my cobra II

That's the standard wheel for non-cruise Capri's back in that era....had the same wheel on my '82 Capri RS. Looks to be matching RS emblems on the horn button (even thought we know that's not the horn) and door panels.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Wheel, door panels, hood all came off a 79 RS parts car. I bought NOS RS emblems for the wheel, dash and door panels. the old ones had seen better days.

no cruise or AC on this car. does have new heater core and heat works good, I know some province or states might check that to register the car.
    HAD
    14 Mustang GT
    94 Mustang GT
    93 Mustang LX

HAVE

where can we see the other photos and videos? you can pm me that info.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4y4hh5nyey..._1495.MOV?dl=0

link to video of the car running and a few more pics. sorry it was raining

ATTACH]124783[/ATTACH]Name:  IMG_1452.jpg
Views: 679
Size:  80.4 KBName:  IMG_1466.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  69.4 KBName:  IMG_1489.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  113.7 KBName:  IMG_1487.jpg
Views: 658
Size:  99.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    HAD
    14 Mustang GT
    94 Mustang GT
    93 Mustang LX

HAVE

WOW! clean,clean,clean. great price!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave9052 View Post
    WOW! clean,clean,clean. great price!
    $8K US. I changed the text color as it was the same as my black background and I couldn't see the price either.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

anyone interested out there in this Capri it's still for sale, I've had 2 serious buyers back away because they were concerned about importing the car from Canada to the US. I cross the US border from Canada every day for work and I've not only talked extensively with US customs about the requirements I have also imported several cars in both directions as recently as a few weeks ago. The process is straightforward for a car this age produced in the US, there are no duties or taxes paid at the border, you just need to have the proper paper work with you. It's going into storage soon and I'm motivated to sell it rather than store it, so if you have any interest let me know.
    HAD
    14 Mustang GT
    94 Mustang GT
    93 Mustang LX

HAVE

Quote Originally Posted by Goff View Post
    anyone interested out there in this Capri it's still for sale, I've had 2 serious buyers back away because they were concerned about importing the car from Canada to the US. I cross the US border from Canada every day for work and I've not only talked extensively with US customs about the requirements I have also imported several cars in both directions as recently as a few weeks ago. The process is straightforward for a car this age produced in the US, there are no duties or taxes paid at the border, you just need to have the proper paper work with you. It's going into storage soon and I'm motivated to sell it rather than store it, so if you have any interest let me know.
    OK so what are their concerns? I have imported a car the other way just recently. I just picked up my 82 GT just over 3 weeks ago that was shipped from Illinois. It does require a little bit of paperwork and I did not pay any extra taxes or duties that I would pay if I bought locally. The only thing really extra was the transportation cost and the exchange rate which is bad for us Canadians. So you Americans come on down buy this Capri.....it looks like exceptional value given your dollar is so strong! Don't let the paperwork scare you and the cost is cheap compared to what you will pay in the US given the dollar. This 81 Capri could probably sell for more in the US if it is as good as it looks in these pictures.

I had a lot of interest from guys on this site so I appreciate that. Ended up selling the car locally.
    HAD
    14 Mustang GT
    94 Mustang GT
    93 Mustang LX

HAVE

Glad to hear you found a good home nearby for it. It looks like a really nice car.

Seller gave me a good deal on the car and was willing to help in any way to get it to the US. I just did not want to put the effort into figuring out the logistics to do so as I have never bought a car from Canada and was unsure on the process. I did want it though and glad he sold it, someone probably got a deal.

I love the O2 sensor "bung plugs"...4th picture at the top
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey