Close

Default I知 search of 79 v8 ac component compatibility

Hi all, I have a 79 coupe that I知 putting a v8 in. It originally came with ac but, everything was stripped from the car except the ac/heater core and under dash components. So I知 in search of compatible cars that I can use the brackets and ac accessories from. Or if someone knew of a bracket kit that would work with the 79 ac components. I知 also in search of any places who made or sold ac components for a 79 v8. Thank any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I don稚 have any parts but I can take pics of my all original AC in my 79 5.0 if that is of any help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an original 79 Capri 5.0 with ac. It has a two year only York compressor with a six rib pulley, and a control called a bypass orifice suction throttling valve, or combination valve, and was based on r12.

It last worked in 08, but would not cool at highway speeds. The car has sat since then. I have never seen the clutch available in a parts store, I got through 30 years of daily driving with two salvage yard units. I doubt you could find the combo valve. Even if I could, I would not install that system at this time.

Its next incarnation is going to be an 82 and up system from a GT with a CCOT system. Not sure if I will change the heater box or just try to remove the existing valve and add an orifice tube. I have a couple donors in the back.

Best bet would be to use the 82 and up parts, heater box and all, I think.
    Last edited by Oldrd; 11-14-2018 at 08:36 PM.