Close

Default Picture of interior so far

Here are a couple pics of the interior getting finished up
    I need to find the rear trim piece for the headliner if anyone know where one is at let me know
    and I am trying to find an e brake boot. I got lokars version but it doesn’t fit anyone know what might work
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Default Picture of interior so far

The seat back upholstery pattern looks classy. Perfect match with the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must just be the picture but the boot looks great to me in that one picture.

Really like that exposed carpet rather than the console. And those seats are great. Makes it really look like an old muscle car. However, on a long drive, I bet you will miss that elbow rest...
    1984.5 G.T.350 5.0 CFI AOD Convertible (TRX package, loaded)
    K&N filter in a stock dual snorkel, GT40 heads, Edelbrock 3721 intake, MSD 8456 Dist., MSD 8227 coil
    Comp cams XE254H, hypereutectic pistons
    Hooker Super Comp Shorty Equal Length Headers, catted BBK H-pipe, full custom duals
    Maximum Motorsports caster/camber plates and strut tower brace, 3.73 rear, dura grip (both Yukon)
    Ford Performance Springs, Firehawk A/S 225/55r16 on LMR TRX r390 wheels (street)
    Federal 595 rs-rr 245/40r17 and 255/40r17 on OE cobra r wheels (race)
    AOD rebuilt with a 6 clutch direct drum, Koline steels stacked with 8 clutches, Kevlar band, superior shift kit, new torque converter. --Everything else stock and fully functional.

looking good!

You should be able to toss in a pedestal for one of those hot/cold 12V coolers. Would be pretty neat between the seats on a long trip.

Looks great, any details on the interior? I am thinking of a modern twist with my Pace Car's interior.
    1986 SVO 1E (IRS'd and too much $$ spent making it turn, stop, and go)
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...esto-Mod-Build

1979 Pace Car #2179 (Gathering parts for GT500 5.8, T56, and t-top swap)
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...84#post1944184

I am going to cover the door panels in leather or something pleather.
    And I will use old bronco style door straps, I think they will look pretty good with the door panels

I am trying to figure out if a corvette brake boot and trim will fit over the mustang e brake.
    I know lokar and a mini cooper won't.

looks great. I am in same process switching from red to black. Ford made a cover for the ebrake only they just kinda hard to find. I picked up one on here the other day. Ebay has one right know with center console delete also but its for a stupid crazy high price. love the seats. I am trying to decide what seats go go with or just have stock seats reupholstered.

I haven't spent a lot of time in the seats but they feel very comfortable.
    when I cleaned the dash and trim parts I scrubbed them down real good with tsp, it cleaned them well and the paint went on super smooth, my biggest concern now is knicks/scratches that will show the lovely red/burgundy later on.

Quote Originally Posted by toddf View Post
    I haven't spent a lot of time in the seats but they feel very comfortable.
    when I cleaned the dash and trim parts I scrubbed them down real good with tsp, it cleaned them well and the paint went on super smooth, my biggest concern now is knicks/scratches that will show the lovely red/burgundy later on.
    Yeah that's my concern. I havent painted mine just yet. How much of a pain is the dash removal?

I had a lot of cracked plastic, take lots of pictures of where the wiring goes. it will save some headaches especially if you wait a few weeks to put it back together
    Plastic weld seems to work pretty good on the cracked portions of the dash.

Mines in good shape except where someone hack jobbed a radio in. I have a red interior car now and I actually bought all black stuff other than dash and driverside rear quarter trim. Plan is to paint either black or grey not sure which one yet. What paint did you use. I see some go with SEM, some krylon, other spray with hvlp. Havent decided which route I want to go yet.

I have had great results with SEM. Of course proper prep is everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duplicolor grey interior for the trim pieces is what we used

duplicolor grey interior for the trim pieces is what we used
    It looked all black in pics but know I do see the grey. I been debating all black or going something grey and black on my 82. Also on OEM style or metal doors like you have. Some many decisions.

Looks great. What door panels are those? Or is it some kind of cover ?

Scotrod door panels, that is just the plastic protection over them now, I am planning on wrapping them in a faux leather material

Here are a couple pics of the interior getting finished up
    I need to find the rear trim piece for the headliner if anyone know where one is at let me know
    and I am trying to find an e brake boot. I got lokars version but it doesn’t fit anyone know what might work
    can we get a close up of the boot and trim ring? my car is console delete also. I want to do something like you have done here. im still trying to find a boot for the parking brake as well.
    John
    85 gt ttop
    86 coupe
    89 5.0 lx vert
    90 LX Hatch
    05 Power Stroke

looks great ,,what seats are they

my 86' is a factory console delete car. The ebrake plastic cover looks good enough for you to use. I am installing new carpet soon. Have all new carpet, sound deadening and sound system I will be installing while carpet is out. My only hold up is the ugly plastic around the floor shift since it is a console delete car. Plans are to remove it and install different boot and old school ring as you did. I have purchased a boot I like but I have not found a boot ring I care for yet. Yours looks good. Do you mind sharing which one you went with?

I just used the stock shifter boot and metal piece there are two of them that sandwich the boot, then just cleaned up and painted, it has the holes drilled already. So they match up.

I just used the stock shifter boot and metal piece there are two of them that sandwich the boot, then just cleaned up and painted, it has the holes drilled already. So they match up.
    sweet!!! my favorite way low cost, thanks Todd
    I hope mine is the same since console delete

Yes free and designed for the boot. The only problem is the holes are a bit off center oh well. I am going to use stainless screws to fasten it
    let me know if it is the same size