Close

Default Update on my ongoing sn95 swap. I ran into a problem.

I finally got the courage to start the swap last weekend and got the old rear end out but ended up braking the hardline on the body. I noticed it goes through the floor.

What’s the best option to do here? Change the whole line to sn95 or try and flare the end and add a piece to fix? Are the lines different in size? The car originally had a 7.5.

Anything helps, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same size. Flare it. Piece of cake.

Take this opportunity to pull the rear lower seat and check the line for common rust. It shouldn't break it should bend. Breaking suggests rust. Pull your right side sill plate too and follow that line back up to the rh kick panel. Better safe than sorry

You can buy replacement pre-bent lines. Later style ran outside the car, and that's better anyway. Stainless too. Probably one of the easier solutions. If I'd had a Mustang, that's what I would've done.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

If you are going SN95 are you swapping in an 8.8 also? If so and you plan on running the dual exhaust then I would use this opportunity to swap to the later style brake line with the 8.8 and dual exhaust as that will be a worthwhile modification at this time. Good Luck!
    Last edited by wraithracing; 10-27-2018 at 04:29 PM.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    If you are going SN95 are you swapping in an 8.8 also? If so and you plan on running the dual exhaust then I would use this opportunity to swap to the later style brake line with the 8.8 and dual exhaust as that will be a worthwhile modification at this time. Good Luck!
    Thanks for the help guys. Yes she’s getting a 8.8 and dual exhaust. I think I’m going to swap the newer brake line in. Sorry for the late reply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk