Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Low mile original 1985 GT Convertible

Name:  D5C8DF60-DA33-4584-9137-8060D97A6E8C.jpg
Views: 2224
Size:  127.6 KB1985 Mustang GT convertible. 12,600 original miles . Grey leather. Z code 3.08 rearend. This car is very original.
    Comes with original wheels with original Gatorbacks. Original brakes . Original exhaust .
    Original spark plugs . Original cap and rotor . Original date coded wires . Original air filter.
    Even the original serpentine belt.
    The list goes on and on. Known issues are left rear quarter window needs assistance going up.
    A/C blows but it is not cold . Will probably need a heater core . Asking $18,500 O.B.O.
    Any questions feel free to ask . Thanks , Dave
    I’m having difficulty posting pics . I will send pics via my phone upon request .
    1-630-640-0672
    Car is located in Lombard, IL. 60148
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by FHPSSP; 11-08-2018 at 06:51 PM.

Wow! Very nice!
    86 Mustang GT T Top 2A 20k miles
    95 Toyota FZJ80 Landcruiser triple locked expedition rig
    87 Saleen sold
    84 GT350 #1808 Sold
    86 GT Sold brother has it.

Full location (city and state) required

Yowza! Nice car, have you any pics of the engine compartment, more of the interior, trunk or underneath. Though I'm currently in the market and looking, your car is beyond my budget.

I love the leather interior, it shows better than the Halo seats and striped piping covers these cars came with.

Sweet car

Quote Originally Posted by RS_Capri_85_5.0 View Post
    Yowza! Nice car, have you any pics of the engine compartment, more of the interior, trunk or underneath. Though I'm currently in the market and looking, your car is beyond my budget.

I love the leather interior, it shows better than the Halo seats and striped piping covers these cars came with.
    Wow, very nice vert! Yes, I agree we need more pictures like RS_Capri_85_5.0 is requesting. It will make it much easier for you to sell if you can post more pictures.

How long have you owned this vert for? And may I ask what is your reason for selling?

Very nice. I love those years grey leather interior. I think it might be my favorite. What does "It will probably need a new heater core" mean exactly? It is super simple to tell. If there is anti-freeze pouring out of the AC drain, it needs a heater core. If the heater core is bypassed, it needs a heater core. If all of that is connected and working, it does not need a heater core. It could not possibly be easier to tell if your car needs a heater core.

I will gladly send pics to someone if they can post them for me. PM me a cell number and I will send them over.
    Last edited by FHPSSP; 10-27-2018 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    Very nice. I love those years grey leather interior. I think it might be my favorite. What does "It will probably need a new heater core" mean exactly? It is super simple to tell. If there is anti-freeze pouring out of the AC drain, it needs a heater core. If the heater core is bypassed, it needs a heater core. If all of that is connected and working, it does not need a heater core. It could not possibly be easier to tell if your car needs a heater core.
    I smell antifreeze briefly after getting on it. There is nothing pouring out , nothing is disconnected or bypassed. Nothing leaking in the car. Has awesome heat.

Quote Originally Posted by RS_Capri_85_5.0 View Post

PM me a offer. Worst thing I could say is no.

You did a pretty good job of posting the first 3 pictures. How did you manage to post these?

Quote Originally Posted by FHPSSP View Post
    I smell antifreeze briefly after getting on it. There is nothing pouring out , nothing is disconnected or bypassed. Nothing leaking in the car. Has awesome heat.
    Ahh. Yep. Been there. Thanks for the update.

Beautiful car! GLWS

Very unlikely that this is coming from the heater core as there would be evidence such as drips out the weep hole.

I'd suspect water pump before heater core with the symptom you described honestly.

Extremely nice looking car!

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Remember to install the Flow Reducer on the upper heater hose. The exact same thing was happening with my GT, installed the Flow Reducer, problem solved. GLWS
    Last edited by Bryan Knebworth; 10-31-2018 at 05:54 PM. Reason: sp -1

Hi Dave! GLWS!

Quote Originally Posted by chazman View Post
    Hi Dave! GLWS!
    Hi , Charlie.

FEP Senior Member

Nice Vert Dave. Bring it by when you are in the area. I'm still here.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    Very unlikely that this is coming from the heater core as there would be evidence such as drips out the weep hole.

I'd suspect water pump before heater core with the symptom you described honestly.

Extremely nice looking car!
    Actually I had this exact same symptom in my 16k mile GT a couple years ago. Upon getting home I had anti-freeze dripping on the ground from the drain hose that comes out on the passenger side of the firewall. So I pulled the car in the garage and did the heater core bypass rather than taking a chance of it going and puking all over my carpet!
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Price drop $18,500 O.B.O.
    Last edited by FHPSSP; 11-08-2018 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE'SVO86 View Post
    Nice Vert Dave. Bring it by when you are in the area. I'm still here.
    Thanks Mike . I sure will. ------Dave

Will entertain reasonable offers. Thanks, Dave

FEP Senior Member

Is this the car from craigslist from Wisconsin over the summer?

No, I purchased this car from Wilmington Illinois.

FEP Senior Member

How long have you had?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast