Close

Default Bright Copper 84 GT

A lot of Bright Copper 84GT's have turned up this year, this appears to be one of the nicer ones and fairly priced.
    https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/...730199621.html

Current rides:
    89 LX 5.0, 5 -spd..the Lemon
    86 RS Capri 5.0 Auto...
    86 LX Colorado SSP 5.0 5-spd (Sadly Sold)
    85.5 SVO, Finally Got Boost
    83 RS Capri 5.0, 5-spd (another sadly sold)

That's a great looking 84!

1984 Mustang GT. Restomod completed 8 years ago. New carpet, seals, front and rear glass, upholstery when restored. Always garage kept since. Power windows, locks, hatch, and gas filler door. AC and cruise work great. 140 mph speedometer. I've driven just under 13,000 in the last 8 years. It has a 4 bbl carb, but starts right up at any time whether sitting for days/weeks or just shut down. Full roller 5.0 block, Edelbrock RPM ported heads, roller rockers and lifters, aluminum driveshaft, Lincoln 8.8 rear end with 3.55 gears, 99 GT front spindles/calipers/discs, long tube headers, 2.5" exhaust, later model wheels and tires, WC T-5, lowered, CC plates, 4 wheel disc brakes. It has not been dyno'd but has more power than the tires can put to the ground. Not interested in trades. The color is bright copper with a tan interior. Less than 100 84 GT's were this color.

contact name:
    William

call or text:
    ☎ (610) 392-7901

Posted 2 days ago

Low Mileage rare find - $18900 (Trexlertown)

Name:  must.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  114.9 KB

I don't need any lessons in 1984 Mustangs thanks as I've owned 7 of them. I just wanted to say that the one piece spoiler with the non fog light front end would have to be super, duper, crazy unusual to see. I know, I get it. It was Ford in the '80s. I was sitting in them when new on the showroom floor. Just wanted to point that out. Not buying the hood scoop as original though. I believe the under hood insulation would have been different for a car with that hood scoop. There does not appear to actually be a hole in that hood. He says restomod in the ad. Never claims it as all original. It looks great overall.
    Last edited by homer302; 10-23-2018 at 06:47 PM.

That style hood scoop (non functional, so the insulation was probably the same for cars with or without the hood scoop) was only used for one year on the 5.0 GT's, 1983. It was on Turbo GT's in 83 and 84. So it should not be on an 84 5.0 GT.
    If they take my stapler, then I'll set the building on fire...

85 Mustang GT

Hood scoop is set to far back

nice looking car. Quite tasteful mods overall.

Not a buyer for this one as I have plenty of my own stuff to sort right now. If I were, I would swap out for 86LX/GT style exhaust pipes. That's the biggest thing that jumped out at me as both original and looking like it doesn't quite fit in. Understandable since those pipes belong on an 87+ GT......

Surprisingly the wheels look pretty good. I wouldn't have thought of putting those on a foxbody.

Quote Originally Posted by tbirdman View Post
    That style hood scoop (non functional, so the insulation was probably the same for cars with or without the hood scoop) was only used for one year on the 5.0 GT's, 1983. It was on Turbo GT's in 83 and 84. So it should not be on an 84 5.0 GT.
    Again. I am well aware of all that. The cars that had that hood scoop had an actual hole cut in the hood and the insulation reflected that. If you removed the blockoff plate from the scoop you would have fresh air in the engine bay. Ask me how I know. And yes, that was never a functional scoop with the plate in place.
    One can only assume that at some point someone at Ford had planned on it actually being functional. It was exactly the same shape hole as the 1982 GT hood had and it also had a non functional scoop and on top of that the hood is totally different from the 1983-84. Some people can't help but try to teach I guess, LOL.
    On a side note, you will notice that under the hood of every single S197 of every model there is actually a cutout for a hood scoop. John Clorr told me that that was because they insisted on making a Mach 1 model. So they built that in the original design. But people and roles change and there obviously never was a S197 Mach 1. But that is why if you look under the hood of any of them, you see a cutout for a hood scoop.
    Last edited by homer302; 10-23-2018 at 08:42 PM.

Unless this craigslist seller got a personal stat report from Marti stating there were less than 100 GT in 9C that's a made up number. There were over 800 P28M (hatchback 5.0L, LX and GT combined) in 9C.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by ddx77 View Post
    contact name:
    William

call or text:
    ☎ (610) 392-7901

Posted 2 days ago

Low Mileage rare find - $18900 (Trexlertown)

Name:  must.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  114.9 KB
    Where did this part of your quote come from? I don't see that when I click on the Craigslist ad, and asking price is $6000. Seems like a fair asking price for a good looking resto-mod...assuming it is a rust free car.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

I just went back to the ad to do a screen shot of it and the phone number is now gone. But before it was there when you you hit the reply button.

Maybe he was getting hammered with calls?

Quote Originally Posted by sowaxeman View Post
    Where did this part of your quote come from? I don't see that when I click on the Craigslist ad, and asking price is $6000. Seems like a fair asking price for a good looking resto-mod...assuming it is a rust free car.

Quote Originally Posted by sowaxeman View Post
    Wow, that is odd Jason. The phone number in that post by ddx77 has a 610 area code, which is PA and the car was located in Trexlertown. There is no Trexlertown Oklahoma at all but there IS a Trexlertown PA. NOW, the AD says its located in Tuttle, OK and no phone. Something really fishy here going on.
    Last edited by homer302; 10-24-2018 at 05:22 PM.

The contact info Jason is questioning appears to have come from the ad in this thread: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...5-Capri-18-900

Seems maybe ddx77 got his ads crossed when he was copying and pasting.
    Thomas

1985 Mustang GT - Build Thread
    347 (Stock Block, Scat Crank & Rods, Probe Pistons, 11:1 CR, AFR 185's, PP Crosswind Intake, Custom-ground Comp Hyd Roller Cam, Scorpion 1.6 Roller Rockers, Holley 3310-4), T-5, 8.8 w/3.55's, MM SFC's, T/A, PHB, LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, K-Member Brace, Bilstein HD Struts/Shocks, MM/H&R Springs, SN95 5-Lug, Cobra Brakes, '04 Mach 1 Steering Rack

Quote Originally Posted by 85MUSTANGTGT View Post
    The contact info Jason is questioning appears to have come from the ad in this thread: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...5-Capri-18-900

Seems maybe ddx77 got his ads crossed when he was copying and pasting.
    Well, that's some of it. The price and city. Still not the phone number though. There are ghosts in the machine me thinks, LOL. It is the season.......

Sweet car..........ummm....them tail pipes!!..yikes!!

Quote Originally Posted by chads84svo View Post
    Sweet car..........ummm....them tail pipes!!..yikes!!
    Those tailpipes are fantastic....for haggling on price
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey