Close

Engine bay and shifter knob look more like 140,000 miles. imo

Quote Originally Posted by Dave9052 View Post
    Engine bay and shifter knob look more like 140,000 miles. imo
    And the driver's seat.

FEP Power Member

Engine and engine bay are not impressive either.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

What am I missing here, have Capri prices gotten that high?????
    Current rides:
    89 LX 5.0, 5 -spd..the Lemon
    86 RS Capri 5.0 Auto...
    86 LX Colorado SSP 5.0 5-spd (Sadly Sold)
    85.5 SVO, Finally Got Boost
    83 RS Capri 5.0, 5-spd (another sadly sold)

Quote Originally Posted by onetrackrider View Post
    What am I missing here, have Capri prices gotten that high?????
    Only after a Barrett Jackson auction.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

This car only has 2 things preventing me from buying it, .. it doesn't have t-tops, and the extra 10K added to the price. No offense meant, I mean I can see 8900$, but not 20K$

Yea..... right.... 14K miles, and Bob's your uncle. No way in rubber brake pedal hell that's only 14K miles unless its 1/4 mile at a time.

IMO, that car doesn't present well at all. It needs a TON of cleaning and polishing. It also needs some reconditioning on stuff like the dual snorkel air cleaner.

It could be a VERY nice car without a lot of effort. But its a VERY NICE but a lot less expensive than 18.9K .... car.

Even in the best shape it's not a 19K car. Not from where I sit. If it was a t-roof and everything else was perfect, including the mileage documented, then MAYBE. When I owned my Capri, I knew what I had and treated it as such. Same exterior but mine had the grey interior with red piping, t-roof, factory delete ac and stereo. It had 35000 miles on it when I bought it in 1990 and looked way better inside and out regarding detailing, paint condition, cleanliness, underbody paint, engine compartment detail, all of it. The car was kept in that condition every day, until the day I sold it. Whatever it lacked, (which was little and with more than double the mileage of the car) I took care of before I started driving it anywhere. It stayed exactly that way until, like a BONEHEAD, my dumbass sold it! for a Corvette.. Talk about your dumb moves. You would think I had learned the first time when I sold the 85 GT that was identical to my Capri RS right down to interior and exterior colors but had AC and Stereo cassette.

I swear to,.. well all the Gods,.,, this time, when I find the right Fox 5.0 that I really really want, be it a Mustang GT or Capri RS, It's staying with me and they will have bury me in it like Luke Fuches was in the movie USED CARS.
    Last edited by RS_Capri_85_5.0; 10-23-2018 at 10:45 PM.

I looked at this car October of 2017 when it was advertised on Auto Trader by the same owner for $16,900 at that time. I believe the mileage is real by inspecting it in person, but is exempt on title. I got him down to $13,500 on the phone before going to see it. Once seen in person it wasn't worth near $13,500 based on condition. I would have paid the $13,500 had it been excellent. It has hail damage on roof, hood, and hatch. Small bleeding spots in paint which is all original paint. Roughly 5 door dings in it. Crack in dash above glove box. Passengers armrest has weird bubbling on surface. Hatch panel not secure, screws tightened too much now and holes bigger than screws. Bad hatch struts. Wrong size junk brand replacement tires. Small rust spot in drivers door jamb. Car is dirty and needs detailed. Brakes are very weak, believe master cylinder/booster bad. Car is susposed to be basically one owner, owner now exwife was original owner, then he got it in divorce. Came form local Lincoln Mercury dealer that his day used to own when new. Does not have A/C which I found a little rare on a Capri with power equipment. I wasted my time looking at it. I think it is worth roughly $7500 in my opinion. I collect stock low mileage Fox Mustangs and would have liked to had it had it been nice. Car was never taking care of and as such is what it is now. I have looked at a lot of low mileage Fox bodies and a lot are disappointing as a lot have been wrecked or have paintwork, this one hasn't but isn't nice.

It always amazes me when someone has a car for sale and doesn't at least clean it and make more presentable for pictures. That's just pure laziness. I saw a car for sale on FB yesterday, not only was the interior filthy, but the ashtray was overflowing with cigarette butts. Come on, really?

Ohhhhhh dream weaver.....

Most hail dents can be gotten out with PDR as long as the paint is not cracked. As for the rest, what a shame. It’s barely been enjoyed and it’s just not that nice.

This is one of those cars that could be worth $18k if it was turn-key....IF Maybe a $10k car at best (if the hail dents were removed)with plenty of TLC needed to make it reflect the low miles....which I have no doubts from what I see in the pictures. Just wasn't well maintained and stored apparently.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

I paid 3K for my Capri RS in winter 1991. It was a true one owner car, with 35000 garage kept miles. No rust, body issues, paint and trim had no issues, inside and out. You could eat off the undercarriage and engine compartment. It also came equipped with AC delete option, radio delete, heated rear glass, power windows but no power locks, and T-Tops. Interior was all Grey with the Red piping Halo seats, no cruise control and 3 spoke leather steering wheel. Dash pad and lower were perfect. On 4 corners spun perfect 10 hole wheels, wrapped with new Goodyear 245-60R15 Gatorbacks. A 5 speed car with 2.73 gears. Exterior colors the same as the OP's car bright Red upper and Grey lower. On the bubble back glass sat nice black aluminum louvers, which according to the selling dealer were a genuine Ford accessory. Their fit, finish, construction certainly seemed genuine to me.

This car rode tight. It was leak free, and smoke free on startup, never used a drop of oil. The T-Roof didn't leak air or water other than on direct application at the seams, both panels fit perfect. This kind of car with it's mileage is an example that MIGHT bring 10-12K on the market today. With the same low mileage as the OP's car supposedly has, I'd guess it would bring maybe 15k tops.

For the longest time, there was little interest in the Capri RS. You either loved them or hated them. Many folks considered them to be the bastard cousin to the Mustang GT. It's 20 years down the road, I realised what I had, and what I gave away. The times have changed, today more folks hold Capri's in high regard.

While I was still a kid, I pulled a boneheaded move and sold my Capri. This was the late 90's. A pretty C3 Corvette came along with a asking price too good to pass up. I still have the C3, it's up for sale. 20 years are gone, I've finally decided to right the wrong, sell the C3 and find the car identical to my Capri RS. Of all the cars I owned, I enjoyed that 85 Capri RS the most. It was the car I was driving while I was dating my wife, so she's on board with this too.

She always loved my Capri but hated the Corvette. The other day she said to me, I've been waiting 20 years for you to wise up, get rid of that Corvette and find another Capri. She calls it the Unicorn car. Neither of us have ever seen another one like it..Wish me luck finding one anytime soon.
    Last edited by RS_Capri_85_5.0; 10-25-2018 at 04:16 PM. Reason: wording