Close

FEP Senior Member

Well, the dealer just got a free plug for someone to buy that WAY overpriced SVO.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

I hate when they get basic facts wrong. Since the first turbocharged Mustang was in 1979. I don't know why they say the SVO is the first turbo charged Mustang.

Quote Originally Posted by 86MustangGtRob View Post
    I hate when they get basic facts wrong. Since the first turbocharged Mustang was in 1979. I don't know why they say the SVO is the first turbo charged Mustang.
    Well . . . . It was the first Turbocharged Mustang that ran well and actual made some HP!

Besides the TRUTH and FACTS are so difficult to get right these days. They might actually have to do some research and verify information and not just guess.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

FEP Senior Member

[QUOTE=wraithracing;1893819]Well . . . . It was the first Turbocharged Mustang that ran well and actual made some HP!

Sooo True!!
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!

FEP Senior Member

Regardless of the article it is a very nice looking car. I don't think I've ever seen an SVO in that color.
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire

No big deal, I've got one just like it. Mine does need a total resto though...
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

FEP Senior Member

Yep, and I had one too. Ken and me are in the Sage Green SVO club. Not that there is one, nor do I own mine anymore.

There's been a sage green one for sale on ebay for a decade it seems like. I'm guessing it might not be the holy grail of SVOs at this point. Unfortunately there is no such thing as actual journalism these days. My college journalism professor must be rolling over in his grave as they say. You think that article is bad. He would fail an article if you said a car crash happened on Tuesday. What's wrong with that you say? He is totally correct. The proper sentence is it happened Tuesday. The "on" is useless and wordy. I learned a ton from him though. Every article I read now they always say stuff happened ON Saturday and still to this day I can't help it. Nope. It just happened Saturday. Wow, that was a large derailment there, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE'SVO86 View Post
    Yep, and I had one too. Ken and me are in the Sage Green SVO club. Not that there is one, nor do I own mine anymore.
    Yep still have the 86 4E, and sold the Comp Prep 86 4E. It went to the best home possible so I'm not completely bummed out.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

Garbage article. It’s not news so it can’t be fake..... but the author needs to hang up their writing dreams like 1/2 the garbage generators out there today and get a real job.

First turbo Mustang? What an idiot!

First EFI Mustang? Maybe? Unless the GT Turbos rolled off the line first.