Close

Thread: Crimson Cat

Default Crimson Cat

Post is a little funny. Definitely more than two running CC around..... I hope . Price isn't anything to write home about but I would really buy this car if I didn't just buy a capri. I need to focus on the two I need to restore first. Hopefully one of you guys can score though.
    https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d...715980201.html

"That Plymouth had a hemi with a torqueflite. I believe we sawed the guy off even if we did lose $200.”

My cars:
    83 Capri RS T-Top
    83 Capri RS
    82 Capri

Any Capri owners in the Bay Area, California? Email me lets meet up! Meezy2@gmail.com

There are way more than two in the US. There were way more than 663 made. There was no "interceptor" 5.0 engine. That craigslist poster is misinformed. Badly.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 10-21-2018 at 06:40 AM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Looks like it might be a decent buy overall. The whole ad and details crack me up!

I also love the finger over the license plate in the head on shot, but a clear view of the plate with the above the front end shot. Is it really that difficult to remove 2 or 4 screws and a pair of license plates before taking some pictures.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

It has been listed for quite a while now (at least a month, I actually think 2). I am betting he is getting hungry...

The AD is hilarious, but it's not the first time I've seen a Capri on craigslist with some weird "facts" tacked on.

"That Plymouth had a hemi with a torqueflite. I believe we sawed the guy off even if we did lose $200.”

My cars:
    83 Capri RS T-Top
    83 Capri RS
    82 Capri

Any Capri owners in the Bay Area, California? Email me lets meet up! Meezy2@gmail.com

Neat. Were the Crimson cats with sports seats like this one? That interior fabric is pretty cool (for the era). I guess I missed all the hilarious parts of the ad. I mean, I get the whole "interceptor" engine thing and all. Maybe I am numb to internet lies, HaHa.

That was the stock interior in the CC. Black interior and Sport seats with red centers.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

So much to laugh about! Lol

Anyone familiar with this club? "One of only two known running Crimson Cats left in the USA per the Mercury Car and Four-Eyed Frogs car clubs."

Nothing comes up on a google search.

I think this is my favorite statement: "5.0 H/O (high output) 5-speed Interceptor motor - 1 cylinder has low compression but still runs strong, quick, and FAST." Does someone that makes up so much BS (or is just bad at research) really know how to do a compression test?
    Last edited by sowaxeman; 10-24-2018 at 09:17 AM.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

one of two running!!!!!!!! $hit i have one of them so its golden too!!!!!!!!!! lol

Pure gold! Absolutely!

If there is only 2 in the U.S that means there is roughly .2 in Canada. I guess mine only qualifies as a fraction of a car.
    Shawn

Currently in the stable:
    83 Capri RS Crimson Cat
    90 7 UP Mustang
    87 Mustang GT
    83 Porsche 928S
    69 Thunderbird Landau
    65 Cadillac Calais 4DR Hardtop
    02 Thunderbird