Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by JACook View Post
    There's a long list of parts that -might- cause your problems, so replacing parts in hopes they might fix
    something is pretty likely to only lead to frustration. You need to follow the data.

Have you considered checking the fuel pressure? CFI is pretty picky about fuel pressure, and you've got
    codes saying it's running lean. Should be 35-45 PSI, but most run best between 39 and 42. If the pressure
    is low, you might try a new fuel filter, otherwise you need to diagnose why the pressure is still low. This
    could be a voltage supply problem, a grounding problem, or the main or in-tank lift pump may be failing.
    I've been suspecting faulty grounds for awhile now, replaced the fuel filter when we got the car out this summer so i'd say it's safe to rule that out. I don't know how old the fuel pump is either, i'll want to check that out soon enough. From what I remember, fuel pressure is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ray

1986 Mustang "Frankenstang"
    1997 Crown Victoria

I added a couple of extra grounds, alt-firewall, intake to firewall and coil housing. I don't think they were really necessary, but it didn't hurt. Quick and easy to take out the EGR and clean it up, new filter, and check those electrical connections. That is if you feel good about your codes. You got some strange ones last time if I remember right. Have you checked them lately?
    1984.5 G.T.350 5.0 CFI AOD Convertible (TRX package, loaded)
    Hooker Super Comp Shorty Equal Length Headers
    GT40 heads, Edelbrock 3721, K&N filter in stock dual snorkel,
    Comp cams XE254H, hypereutectic pistons, catted BBK H-pipe, full custom duals.
    3.73 rear. CS5 225/60/15 on 10 holes (street) Federal 595 rs-rr 225/45/15 on 10 holes (race)
    Everything else stock and fully functional.

Quote Originally Posted by emerygt350 View Post
    You got some strange ones last time if I remember right. Have you checked them lately?
    showed an abnormal cylinder count, Cyl 1 was low during the balance test.

other than that it was just EGR, EGO, and system lean.

Ray

1997 Crown Victoria

and i have not checked codes since then. started it up a month ago and heard a misfire, didn't take a look since.

Ray

1997 Crown Victoria

went through all the ignition wires tonight and found two loose on the plug. did a KOEO check and got this:
    21: ECT out of range
    24:ACT sensor out of range (excl 1.6 PFI, 1.9 PFI & 2.3 T)
    31:EVP out of range

figured i'd get her started and do a KOER test but my reader was being finicky and didn't want to do anything. or it just wasn't receiving codes.

gave it a little gas and immediately started to miss and stall out.

here's the next startup to get it in the garage. https://youtu.be/3J4nrG7F37w

It was completely fine in reverse if i didn't give it any gas though. Makes me want to believe fuel pressure is the culprit.
    Ray

1997 Crown Victoria

The fuel map is basically based on the engine temps, you don't have a functional air temp or coolant temp.

I would start there. Without those, it's never gonna rub right.
    2 1986 cougars (both 4 eyed and 5.0)
    1 1987 cougar

Yeah, did you replace those already? My ect behaved badly because I assumed the tape it came with was there for a reason but it was causing a bad ground situation. Last thing I did before all my gremlins went away was the EC and ACT. That is why I did all the grounding stuff too. I thought it was a little suspect that every sensor on the intake manifold would suddenly decide to flake out. I replaced the EVP 5 years ago and that was throwing an error as well but I didn't bother replacing that again since I was rather sure it was grounding issues. All of those codes are gone now for me and the occasional whacky idle and bad running went with them.
    1984.5 G.T.350 5.0 CFI AOD Convertible (TRX package, loaded)
    Hooker Super Comp Shorty Equal Length Headers
    GT40 heads, Edelbrock 3721, K&N filter in stock dual snorkel,
    Comp cams XE254H, hypereutectic pistons, catted BBK H-pipe, full custom duals.
    3.73 rear. CS5 225/60/15 on 10 holes (street) Federal 595 rs-rr 225/45/15 on 10 holes (race)
    Everything else stock and fully functional.

haven't taken a look at those yet, suppose that's also on my list.
    Ray

1997 Crown Victoria

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12