Close

Default Big power from a 200 inline six?

I'm almost done building my 200/3.3L inline. Looking for 500whp on good fuel and 450ish on pump. Time will tell as the engine although mostly done is still a ways out from getting on the dyno and track.
    A little back history, a few years ago I built a 250 Ford six and made 444whp and 501ft lbs @ 18 lbs, with a factory log head that I milled the intake off and built my own.

This build started with a 2 year only big bellhousing block (1982-1983 block had SB ford pattern on the lower 4 bellhousing bolts) Block was bored 0.040 over to allow a good ring pack to be used
    Factory crank ground to fit aftermarket H beam 1JZ rods, JE pistons with coated skirts and inverted domes. Custom ground solid lifter turbo cam 0.570/0.585 lift 238/242 on 113 LC. The head is a Vintage inline (classic Inline) Alum head ported by Wes King with custom 0.30 longer valves to allow good springs to be used. Current plan is to use a EFR 8374 twin scroll turbo with a front mount air to air aftercooler. Tranny for now is going to be a super comp PA C4 and a convertor that I already have. I'd post pictures but don't have a hosting service.

Walt
    Last edited by fast64ranchero; 07-01-2019 at 03:01 PM.

FEP Member

Wow sounds like an awesome build.
    I love to get one of those heads.

Any videos of it running? I'd love to hear this thing.

Not running yet, still working on getting the valve train right. Pedestal Terra Yella Rockers have to be shimmed up to make up for the longer valves. I still have to make the header and buy the Turbo. Probably be fall before I have it running..

Howdy. You forgot your prevoius 250 pictures, huh?

Thats too bad.

I got your back, Walt!

Quote Originally Posted by xctasy View Post
    Ugh-ha, wot he sayed!

Here is Fast64Ranchero's 250 in Fox square sump.

http://fordsix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=52695

See also https://fordsix.com/viewtopic.php?f=...329720#p329720

And this...https://fordsix.com/viewtopic.php?f=...287028#p287028

Quote Originally Posted by fast64ranchero
    hope this help others out, and might make you laugh,

1, no matter what you do and how much research you do someone will always tell you to do it different,

2, this motor was expensive and I did it to be different the pistons rings and pins cost more then most peoples rebuilds do .

3, main studs from a 240-300 six work great for Main and HEAD studs on our little motors

4, don't ever mill the intake off a log head it's way to much work! and you can buy Mike's new alum head for about the same money I have in my head

5, not having an aftermarket timing chain kit for the 250 is a pain when trying to degree in the cam, I ended up using a stock crank gear, a later 73-78 retarded cam gear to get my cam to 4 degress advanced how does that work??? should have been 8 degress retarded right? it also took 7 weeks to get the early gear that I ended up not using

6, when installing the head on the block keep fingers out of the way, cause 80lbs feels like alot more when it's sitting on your finger and the blood and guts are coming out of the end of your finger IT HURTS,

7, after installing you cam and lifters and head, but prior to installing push rods and rockers, never turn you motor upside down!!! your lifters will fall out and you'll have to pull the head off to get them back in place

8, everthing has to be ordered, stock or aftermarket, nothing is in stock anywhere
    that's it for now, you all have a great Christmas, and when Mike get the Terra rockers in this thing might run

Ohh man. Where are the vids and pictures! I'd love to see this monster project. It sounds like a riot. Please post some up ASAP. That sounds like a great combination of high-end parts.

fast64ranchero, got your PM.

If you have a PB account, just put the pictures in it, and I can, as a paying PB holder, remote link for you.

Obviously not privy to whatever this ^^^^conversation is regarding but if you're trying post pictures. Flickr (as of 10 minutes ago, I just posted pictures on FEP) is still 100% FREE. No need to pay anybody to host pictures for you. I was trying to read between the lines and guessed that "PB" meant Photobucket. I could be way off base and apologize if so. I would never pay a company so they would allow me to advertise for THEM??? That's the weirdest business model I ever heard of. !@#% PhotoBucket. Sorry for the derail and rant.

Carry On.

I love the US concept of some schmuck paying someone else to do something that no one else has done reliably for free. I tried Hewlitt Packard Photo and lost 500 pictures. Since 2007, Photobucket has looked after my 2300 pictures, and for $ 150 a year, I've got sh!+ loads more...which I'm thrashing.

Pm me back Walt....

It's all good! People like what they like. So to be clear, I was also paying Photobucket for years to host my photos. I was not using them for free at all. Then one day, completely out of the blue and without any sort of warning they removed all links to them from everywhere on the internet and DEMANDED I pay them money to restore them. I don't consider that looking after my photos. Along with tens of thousands of other users. Guess what? I told them to pound sand. And guess what else? They have since changed their mind about holding everyone hostage (or fired the genius that came up with that plan after nearly going bankrupt probably) and have BEGGED me to come back for months and months. No thanks. Too late. I have 100% confidence that they would love to pretend all that never existed. Cost them BIG TIME revenue. Go look at my GT Turbo thread and you will see the PB Watermark on them to this day after they changed their mind and restored the links. I was paying them money to be a "premium" member. Done. Pass on that shady company.
    It's all personal preference. No worries! (Hey, I apologized for the derail already.)
    Last edited by homer302; 07-28-2019 at 02:57 PM.

Its all good. Had the same discussion with my wife over the costs suddenly being put on my credit card. Someone trying to bribe you with fraudulent intent?