Close

New User

Default New Guy Suburbs of Chicago

Hey All,

I am excited and glad I found this forum .. with that being lets get to the important stuff. This is my first Mustang that I have owned even though I have been a Ford enthusiast since I was a young kid. I have always been into car's and modifying them. I first picked up my 1982 Ford Mustang GT from my girlfriends father. He has owned it since 1982 and it has been in a barn in Wisconsin since 1996 under a tarp. I have been trying to pick up the car since 2015 from him. He finally got some time and I went and picked it up in Spring of 2017. The car has been so much fun. The car was factory 4 speed SROD and I swapped that to a WC T5 which made a great difference. One day I found the car was leaking from the rear main and began replacing the rear main seal and found the main bearing was going bad, I then decided to build a motor. I then went and picked up a 347 stroker and started assembly I am currently almost finished with building the motor, the car is also now getting a built C4 transmission with trans brake. I will also be upgrading the rear end this winter and installing a cage and all the necessary suspension components.

When I first picked it up from the Barn:
    Name:  13568.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  60.4 KB
    Name:  FB_IMG_1500180376940.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  78.0 KB

A little paint correction:
    Name:  20170716_114452.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  138.7 KB

Back when the car ran:
    Name:  20171021_121038.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  88.3 KB

Current state of the car:
    Name:  Snapchat-610322855.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  104.4 KB

Nice find. It cleaned up well

Welcome! cleaned up nice! Sweet ride! Those black turbines look good on your black car.

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Dave9052 View Post
    Welcome! cleaned up nice! Sweet ride! Those black turbines look good on your black car.
    Thanks there temporary for now

FEP Supporter

Nice score, glad you finally wrestled it from the FIL.

Cleaned up nice. It's really too bad about the engine needing rebuilding. It looks pretty original otherwise and it looks like cloth seats in it. Like mine

Welcome to the site...and show some interior and underhood!
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

FEP Senior Member

Sweet Barn "find." Looks like a clean car overall. Assuming the car wasn't driven in the winters. Welcome!
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

Welcome to FEP. Great looking car. A little "Wax On / Wax Off"...

New User

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE'SVO86 View Post
    Sweet Barn "find." Looks like a clean car overall. Assuming the car wasn't driven in the winters. Welcome!
    Car was always stored in winters which was a great thing no rust! which is huge since the car is from Wisconsin.

New User

totally sucks about the original motor. cloth seats are in good condition had some old school seat covers on them and when I peeled them off the interior is great no cracking on the dash and seats are slightly faded but i'll get some pics when I can!

Quote Originally Posted by 82GTforME View Post
    Nice score, glad you finally wrestled it from the FIL.

Cleaned up nice. It's really too bad about the engine needing rebuilding. It looks pretty original otherwise and it looks like cloth seats in it. Like mine

Welcome to the site...and show some interior and underhood!

Congrats! These '82 GTs are coming out of the woodwork. Maybe I'll see you at Rolling Meadows cruise night next Spring.

New User

Quote Originally Posted by chazman View Post
    Congrats! These '82 GTs are coming out of the woodwork. Maybe I'll see you at Rolling Meadows cruise night next Spring.
    Ill be there its down the street from me. Hope to see you as well

Quote Originally Posted by SLICK82GT View Post
    Ill be there its down the street from me. Hope to see you as well
    Cool! I'm there every Friday.

Nice to see the transformation. What did you do for a little paint correction?

Ironically I just picked up a 82 GT too. It actually from Naperville, Illinois. I will introduce it to you all soon. It just arrived on Monday on an enclosed auto carrier. The trip was about 2200 miles as I live in North Vancouver BC, Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pointoh View Post

Ironically I just picked up a 82 GT too. It actually from Naperville, Illinois. I will introduce it to you all soon. It just arrived on Monday on an enclosed auto carrier. The trip was about 2200 miles as I live in North Vancouver BC, Canada.
    Naperville! Weird how I just got my '82 from New Mexico and shipped to Chicago 'burbs and you just got one from Chicago 'burbs and shipped to Canada. Pity we all couldn't be more organized and find the ones that are near us. LOL!

Nice car! Welcome!

New User

Quote Originally Posted by 5pointoh View Post

Thank you and congrats on picking up your 82 GT. The paint was so faded from sitting so long that I spent hours with my buffer some spots I will need to wet sand for them to come out how I want it to be!