Close

Default Second Show for the McLaren!

Finally got the car back from the body shop and somehow managed to get her to the show. I got it out of the shop earlier this summer and a week later, my b!tch neighbor sideswiped it! I parked it on the street in front of my house and when I came out an hour later, it had a maroon stripe all the way down the driver side. The police didn't do anything about it because I didn't see it happen--even though her car and mine were the ONLY two cars on the street and her POS SUV was THE SAME COLOR as the maroon gash on my car!!??

Needless to say, my insurance company helped pay for a new paint job.

While I was at it, I added a McLaren spoiler because I didn't like the stupid third light box thing.

My brother brought his 67 Mustang to the show and we got to park next to each other! We rebuilt that car in high school and he kept it all this time!Name:  IMG_6442.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  104.2 KBName:  IMG_6447.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  79.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by 86McLarenCapri; 10-15-2018 at 12:44 PM.

Don't judge me on the poor fit of the top! The glue holding the velcro mounting strips came off and we spent 2 hours in the dark trying to get it right. I'm going to have to take it back to the upholstery shop..

Name:  IMG_6451.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  98.4 KBName:  IMG_6457.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  47.3 KB

Sweet!

Mike

Geez that’s a pretty car

Beautiful! Love the color!

WooHoo! Looks great

Both cars look great. I really like the ASC in silver.

Thanks! I'm not crazy about the other McLaren colors combinations, I like where they were going, but... Just not a big fan of the selection. I think the silver is the best and the charcoal interior just looks right. I was tempted to paint the car the same color as my brother's Mustang--that would have been pretty sweet. His car is painted the 2006 Windveil blue.

You wouldn't believe how many people thought it was a convertible Delorean!?