Close

Thread: Map Pockets

Default Map Pockets

Anyone know of any place to order Map pocket material, preferably precut? light Grey for 1985-1986 door panels.

I had a pocket redone years ago by an upholstery shop when I used to live in NYS. I looked at it and it doesn't look too hard to do, I just need the vinyl and I suppose I could match it at the local fabric or upholstery shop. I was just wondering if somebody sold it precut and ready to go. www.50resto.com doesn't seem to list it.

-Mike

Banned

I'd like to know what to do about a sagging armrest pocket? I have removed mine and carefully stowed it away, but would of course like to reinstall it. Has anyone had any luck replaceing the elastic?

I've always fixed mine. You can remove the pocket by bending the tabs back that go through the door panel. Then you flip it over to reveal the elastic stapled to the back of the pocket. Remove the staples at one end and pull the elastic until the top of the pocket is tight. Then you just restaple the elastic to the back of the pocket with 5/16" staples. Good Luck.
    - Bob
    - 1992 Twilight Blue Lx 5.0
    - 1991 Saleen #045 Twilight Blue vert with a blue top- SOLD
    - 1986 Saleen #123 37k original miles- SOLD
    - 1985 Mustang Lx 5.0 5spd conv.- SOLD
    - 1986 LX 5.0 coupe-SOLD