Hi I'm Jeff just bought a new to me 1983 Mustang GLX convertible! Looks great, drives great! Once it finally starts I've had it 2 1/2 weeks and it's been to the mechanic now 3x to replace the park/neutral switch. Now they think the tranny might need a rebuild. It shifts perfectly IMO. In my 2 1/2 weeks with it it will either hard start when it's warm, then it graduated to when trying to start it doing nothing in Park or Neutral...No noises or anything just a dead key turning the ignition. Eventually it will start (perhaps after an hour...or once the AAA arrives. LOL) All the while the power accessories still work just fine, car simply not starting. Today I picked up the car from mechanic with new switch. Started right up like a champ drove it for about an hour making about 4 stops then the 5th time same old problem. Called the mechaninc, he told me to turn the key all the way to the starting position then shift through the gears while holding the key there. It started! But clearly that is no way to live.

Name:  IMG_4104.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  192.7 KBName:  IMG_4096.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  69.6 KB