Close

Default Blueprint engines 331

So I've come across a good deal on the Blueprint Engines 331 stroker but according to their website it is not compatible with the oem ford fuel injection. Looking at what the car comes with I cant figure out why you cant have a chip made for it, does anyone know why it doesn't work? I've tried asking in a few different places but no one has responded.

BP3314CT is the engine part number.

Thoughts.....

A 331 needs near 10% more fuel but the Stock tune does not know it. Custom tune only works to 320 HP

LCA on the cam determines efi compatibility. 110 or less sends you to tuning jail

FEP Senior Member

The last time I talked to BPE on their 331 kit, they do have one for the EFI engines. I don't think they sell a lot of them, so you may need to ask them about it directly. They said it needs 30lb injectors.
    Join The Conversation
    http://www.youtube.com/basinmotorsports

'86 Hatchback V6 / Auto Restomod (For Sale)

Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    Thoughts.....

A 331 needs near 10% more fuel but the Stock tune does not know it. Custom tune only works to 320 HP

LCA on the cam determines efi compatibility. 110 or less sends you to tuning jail

Yeah I figure the stock tune wouldnt work, but I didnt know that you could only go to 320 HP with a custom tune. LSA on the cam is 112 deg, so its ok there. Seems like it would be better just to stick with a 5.0 if i want to keep the Ford FI. I went with a 65mm TB and GT40 intake, with only 24# injectors, and if I have to change all that the value on the engine goes away. Thanks for the input.

Mis spoke ... Stock tune should have been stock injectors and fuel pressure.

19# is at max duty cycle at 320HP

24# is near its max at 400HP.

what is the 331 rated at?

it says 320hp, 336tq, I'm assuming thats with a specific intake setup

24# injectors are more than adequate at that power level.

The ECU would need to be tuned to account for the larger injector unless a 1993 Cobra ECU is used

The engine will be constantly to chronically lean unless fuel pressure is increased roughly 10%. Better off tuning to correct for the displacement.

I had a guy tune my last engine, which i destroyed, so I have a a9l and mass air, etc. Maybe ill contact him and see if he can do a tune for this motor with my intake setup, thanks again for the info erratic50, you helped alot with the first setup, and now with this one, i really appreciate it.

Glad to help.

dont go too crazy on base timing with an A9L - they are aggressive with their advance curve already.

Moats Quarterhorse along with Binary Editor is a good option. Mega squirt and others are also.

What’s funny is if one were to convert to the coil pack based ignition setups available late in the SBF run and via aftermarket then a 96+ 5.4L ECU for the motors with non-adjustable cam timing would be just about spot on. Frankenstein mess though. And stuff like vehicle anti theft would have to be retrofit or programmed out of the system too.