Close

Default 1985 Mercury Capri 5.0 RS VIN Decode

Here is the VIN number from my 1985 Capri RS 5.0. Can someone please pretty please decode it for me?

1MEBP79M1FF616250
    I don't have the buck tag or other pedigree info any more. Can you do any research with just the VIN? Is there a place on the forum that has lists of verified VINS current owners, ETC?

Trying to see if she is still alive, if she is listed here or somewhere else, and where she ended up. If she's still alive, I want to let the owner know I am willing to buy her back from them.

Currently, I'm looking to buy a car just like the one I owned above. I have a WTB post in the classified section. Something tells me that this car was pretty rare. I have never seen another like it in person or during on a long search of the internet.

Thank you for your help!
    Last edited by RS_Capri_85_5.0; 10-09-2018 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Wrong number last digit of VIN

Thank You!. Is there any way of getting more information about the car, other than the basics from the VIN decoder? Is there some sort of registry I can go to and see if someone else has my old car registered on the road, junked, DOA or otherwise? I see you collect all that data from reading your signature.

If I have any info it's because an owner shared it or I found the car for sale somewhere. Otherwise I wouldn't have anything. I'll look later in the database for you.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I did not have a previous entry in the database.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

I use this website to run VIN checks on cars that I'm buying to make sure they don't have back fees or been crashed. It cost about $24 for a single report. It will tell you the registration history with dates and mileage. This should be able to tell you if you car is still around and kicking. It doesn't give you any personal information on the PO's though. It will (sometimes it doesn't tell you) tell you how many people owned the car, so you should be able to figure out how many people you need to track down. I would look around for paperwork on the car, find the release of liability and that should have the PO's name on it. With that you can start searching for him online. If you find him maybe if your lucky he will know who has it.

https://www.autocheck.com

"That Plymouth had a hemi with a torqueflite. I believe we sawed the guy off even if we did lose $200.”

My cars:
    83 Capri RS T-Top
    83 Capri RS
    82 Capri

Any Capri owners in the Bay Area, California? Email me lets meet up! Meezy2@gmail.com

It would be nice to know if it's still around, possibly sitting in someones garage or barn waiting all these years for me to come and rescue it. DOing a little more snooping, I plan on purchasing a Marti Report so I know exactly how rare the car is and how bad I screwed the pooch selling it! Thanks for the help and ideas thus far...

Carfax might give you valuable info.

Mike