Close

Default Mistake while Chasing Codes

Okay, I made a mistake. I jumpered the module as shown however, when I went to ground off in the spade plug...there were two of them identical. Evidently i hooked up into the wrong one as since I attempted to do this , my car would not start. I checked the spark and noticed it was very weak so I ordered and installed a new ignition module. The car will now start but runs as if the timing is completely out of whack. For the record, i have not touched the timing.

I am at wits end with this. I have no idea what may be wrong. All I now know is that the car will start after serious cranking but runs rough as hell and will not idle. It actually acts like it is 180 degrees out.

Please help with any ideas.

FEP Senior Member

Details about the car would be very helpful. What year, model, engine, etc. Is it stock or modified?
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire

There shouldn't have been anything hurt by by what you did. Run codes to see what's going on.
    2 1986 cougars (both 4 eyed and 5.0)
    1 1987 cougar

180 degrees out pop back out the intake or start the starter dead — and will never under all known norms actually start or run.