Close

Default Looking for pictures of power steering lines without the cooler

Hi,

I've been struggling to get my stinger front mount installed since right in the middle of the return is the power steering cooler lines. I added this when I replaced the radiator support since the replacement had it. I've tried moving them, bending the bracket etc. and nothing is getting them out of the way.

Looking at lots of other non-SVO 2.3 turbos I don't see that they had the cooler from the factory.

So I want to remove mine and see if that helps with the intercooler fitment issues.

How does the non-cooler lines run from the rack back to the power steering pump? looking at the hoses (before I take it apart) I don't see how not to kink the hardline out of the rack, or loop it right into the fan belts

Thanks

Chris
    I'm an FEP Paid Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

1984 Capri Turbo RS - Alive after 7 years! Build Thread
    2018 Mustang GT - daily driver

Idk if it’s specific to the 4 cyl cars or not, but on my LTD LX it doesn’t have the cooler in the core support so it’s just a hose and a clamp going straight up to the pump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1984 LTD LX, 160k mile Explorer 5.0, Comp XE264HR-14 cam, Alex’s Parts springs on stock GT40 3 bar heads, Unported Explorer intake, 1 5/8 shorty headers, off-road H-Pipe, Spintech 9000 mufflers, Holley Terminator X Max, J-Mod 4R70W, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, Tubular front and rear control arms, front coilovers, Turbocoupe rear coil springs