Close

Thread: Roller block

Default Roller block

Going to convert to a roller block in my 82. What are some good blocks to look for?

How much do you want to spend? Factory roller blocks are essentially the same. Aftermarket blocks will cost you.
    82 ford fairmont futura
    quicktime turbosystems 70mm turbo
    10.67@128.38

I have a dart shp block 363, cost about 2000. Can handle around 800hp. With my set up looking for around 475 to 500 carb. With room to grow.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dtmilsap View Post
    I have a dart shp block 363, cost about 2000. Can handle around 800hp. With my set up looking for around 475 to 500 carb. With room to grow.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    What other block are good 300 -400 h.p.

Stock block is perfectly fine in most cases to 400HP. No need for an aftermarket block. Obviously quality machine work is needed to give the best durability and longevity. Stock blocks have even been used with some success to 500HP and more, but I personally wouldn't want to chance it at much over 400HP in most cases.

Earlier blocks compared to the roller blocks are considered stronger due to the roller blocks being thin wall castings. You might be better off keeping your 82 block or using an earlier block and doing a roller lifter conversion rather than use a roller block if you car concerned about strength.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Otherwise if money is a big deal, you could always get an Explorer engine at the local yard for $300-400.