Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Good Luck on it. Would look good in the drive way. You could not repaint and fix up one for the money either.
    1 of 3 1985 Silver Grand Prix Capr's
    My first New car and still own 1986 Capri

Agreed....you probably won't find a better low-mile, original candidate as a driver for much (if any) less money today. You'll surprised how well the paint will freshen up with the right pads and compound & polish...and some good ole fashion labor in the garage
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '88 #400 Saleen Coupe "Mean Machine" Legal Guardian
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Link no longer shows an 86 so you will have to post up pictures when you get it. Congratulations! I agree with Jason to a point. Yes for sure 100% they can bring that much but at the same time the market of people that are willing to pay that is limited. I can't even see the car at this point so I have no opinion on this particular car. I know the last one I bought last year I offered 3 grand under what he wanted (and showed him the dollar bills) and he turned me down. I was about 10 minutes from the house (@2 hours later) when he called me back and asked me if the offer was still good. Early Foxes are a buyers market, not a sellers. Just have to stand by your offer and wait them out. And for sure at a dealer. They have carrying costs to just keep it waiting for that "someone" to show up. Profit goes down every day it sits at a dealer lot.

Picking up the car today! Really excited to be back in an old fox body! They had it listed for 10.9k but got it for 10k. Seems like a lot to me but I really like this particular car and wasn't going to squabble over a grand or 2. I don't drive a whole lot in a year but plan on driving this at least a few days a week. It'll be my primary car. Pics coming soon!
    86 Mustang GT T Top 2A 20k miles
    95 Toyota FZJ80 Landcruiser triple locked expedition rig
    87 Saleen sold
    84 GT350 #1808 Sold
    86 GT Sold brother has it.

I got a photo album from the seller earlier. Not sure if this link will work.
    https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...128346&o=OneUp
    87 Saleen sold
    84 GT350 #1808 Sold

Congrats on getting back into the 4 eye game! Looks to be a fairly decent car from the pics in the link you just posted.

From what I can see, It may very well be a low mile car as the seller claimed. What I see for paint imperfections could be from a cover that sat on it a lot. The scratches in the door from a cord or cover attaching tool and the paint rub on the corners of the bumper above the headlights from where the cover moved around during wind. Either way, It looks like a good, clean and solid car.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Congrat's

Congrats! I REALLY like that car!

Those high res pics paint a much better picture than the few that were posted in the add. I think you got a GREAT car for what you are wanting...I stand by pricing statement. I think it was a fair deal for both parties.
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '93 LX Yellow/Black Summer Feature - 2,800 Mile Original Survivor (Foxtoberfest 2019 Best Original 87-93)
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

FEP Supporter

I agree with everyone. I think you got a fantastic car for the money! Fixing up an older, cheaper car would cost you way more than this. Those rockers are mint along with many other parts. The manuals and documentation are very nice also!

Last year I redid all of the grey trim on my SVO including around all of the window. Yours would be real easy to do also if you are concerned of the look.

Enjoy the car. I'm sure you are already smiling!

Thanks everyone for the replies. I've got my work cut out for me for a little bit. After picking up the car and driving home I noticed the temp gauge creeping up until I got about 2 miles from home. I flipped on the heat full blast as the gauge was sitting on the L. That helped me get the last 2 miles home. Needless to say the radiator was just about plugged with deposits. After putting in a radiator the car was still running on the hot side. I went to put some fresh gas in it this evening and it was running around 3/4 the whole time. When I got home I noticed there wasnt much pressure on the upper hose. I removed the cap and noticed that water was not flowing through the cooling tubes like it should. So tomorrow I'll be removing the tstat.

The original owner just let this car sit for years without doing regular maintenance I think. I will be going over everything in the next few days. The brake fluid will need flushed. power steering fluid replaced. But I am enjoying the process! It'll be a really fun driver! Over time I'll probably start detailing the car including the undercarriage and engine bay.
    87 Saleen sold
    84 GT350 #1808 Sold

Very nice car! I believe you got a very good buy on a low-mile super clean FOX! Have fun with it!!!!!

All those items you mentioned are fairly easy and common maintenance issues that should be done anyway. Enjoy it!
    Jason Smith
    MCA #65481

'82 Capri RS Resto-Mod
    '05 S-281 Mineral Grey

Well, I've made some progress with it. I had a code 34 in continuous memory so I removed the EGR valve and cleaned the pintle and seat. After doing TPS adjustment and a base idle reset its running great! Got an aftermarket radiator in it for the time being and having the original radiator rebuilt next week. Tomorrow I'll be entering it in its first car show! There is an all Mustang car show that benefits autism. All years cars will be represented so I thought this would be a really neat car to show.
    87 Saleen sold
    84 GT350 #1808 Sold

Also got a really cool story. Yesterday I called the consignment place that I bought it from and asked them if they still had the ignition wires they removed when they did a tune up and they told me that they were in the trash and gone! I didn't expect them to have them but the guy that worked on the car dug them out of the trash along with the original IAC! So the car just got a little more concours with the original date coded wires! They called me back 2 hours later to tell me they found them and the IAC. That was super cool for them to do that.
    87 Saleen sold
    84 GT350 #1808 Sold

score on the wires. They are most likely fine to use

Quote Originally Posted by VEGAS4EYE View Post
    I got a photo album from the seller earlier. Not sure if this link will work.
    https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...128346&o=OneUp
    Yes! that link works. Looks pretty original aside from the R134 and the radiator hoses. That looks like 119K well cared for and unmodified miles. Original exhaust even. Very nice. It was garage kept for sure. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Congratulations.
    Last edited by homer302; 10-08-2018 at 08:44 PM.

I'm guessing you are too busy having fun to update us? Would love to have an update on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by plumkrazy View Post
    score on the wires. They are most likely fine to use
    I have the majority of an original 1986 set on my 1/2 million mile rust bucket. Runs like a top!

The coil wire likes to burn off on hot summer days when its ran for several hundred miles at a shot, FYI.

Nice car! You might want to try to treat the areas where there is a little rust coming with an inhibitor to slow it down. Especially while its only on the inner lip of the quarter panel. That's easy to tape off and handle then spray just the lip back then it will never show like it will otherwise.

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by homer302 View Post
    Yes! that link works. Looks pretty original aside from the R134 and the radiator hoses. That looks like 119K well cared for and unmodified miles. Original exhaust even. Very nice. It was garage kept for sure. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Congratulations.
    I believe this car has 19k miles not 119k. Great car, that undercarriage should look amazing if you chose to detail it.

Good to see someone else from Vegas. Good looking car. Hope to met up someday.

I'm guessing you are too busy having fun to update us? Would love to have an update on this one.
    Actually I have been pretty busy I've put 300 miles on her so far and its running great! Just finished with removing the upper plenum to replace valve cover gaskets and some vacuum hoses. Also had the original radiator rodded out and cleaned up. I ordered some touch up paint to take care of some chips on the lower side of the doors from a cover. Did a complete brake fluid flush. Boy that fluid was dark. I'll post up some pics this weekend!
    87 Saleen sold
    84 GT350 #1808 Sold

Actually I have been pretty busy I've put 300 miles on her so far and its running great! Just finished with removing the upper plenum to replace valve cover gaskets and some vacuum hoses. Also had the original radiator rodded out and cleaned up. I ordered some touch up paint to take care of some chips on the lower side of the doors from a cover. Did a complete brake fluid flush. Boy that fluid was dark. I'll post up some pics this weekend!
    87 Saleen sold
    84 GT350 #1808 Sold

Quote Originally Posted by 79 cranberry capri View Post
    Good to see someone else from Vegas. Good looking car. Hope to met up someday.
    Hi there! Thanks! What part of town are you in? I'm in Centennial Hills area on the northwest side.
    87 Saleen sold
    84 GT350 #1808 Sold

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast