Close

Default '82 grille fitment?

Ok, so I posted a thread about trying to fit an '82 bumper on my '84 which would have involved changing out the hood and dealing with some other size differences, but I found an air dam that fits an '84 that gives me the look I want. Now, I want to know if the '84 grille is interchangeable with an '82 (yes, I probably should have just found an '82, but oh well). I'm fine if they're not but the '82 grille with the 2 big horizontal dividers and a few vertical ones (i'll attach an image) just looks so much better in my opinion.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The simple answer is NO.

The grille is part of the entire bumper cover for both the 82 and the 84, not a replaceable or removable part. You would have to cut out the grille and then glue/bond/attach it to the other bumper cover. Much easier and simpler to just swap the front cover.

I understand your desires as the 82 GT is a great looking Fox and one of my favorites! Unfortunately its much easier to swap the 83-86 stuff onto a 79-82 then vise-versa due to the cowl width difference. Sure it's not the answer you wanted, but hope that answers your questions.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller