Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I would not have believed that they used 2 different pads either.
    But this review of the Zephyr ES clearly (or not) shows the Mustang pad on this new from the factory car.Name:  ZEPHYR_ES_DASH.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  306.3 KB
    Lots of FREE F/Z info on my site.
    http://myzephyrs.com

I'm not going to quote pricing - I will say it's in line with similar fox Mustang reproduction dash pads. I didn't blink. Get in touch with Justin at Dashes Direct: justin.a@uuilv.com or call him at (702) 643-3626 x229. Tell him that Kerry sent you.
    Quote Originally Posted by STL79Coupe View Post
    What's the pricing?

Yes. SAME square-edged (insturment cluster section) dash pads from fox Mustangs, Capris were used on Fairmonts and Zephyrs that had the full gauge package. Some of you know this tidbit too....that was also the same dash pad used on the 81-82? fox Granadas and their rare sister fox Cougars. The dash pad I'm all excited about is the reproduction of the round-edged (instrument cluster section) pad for Fairmonts and Zephyrs with the 2 BIG round gauges (speedo/fuel).
    Quote Originally Posted by RED 78' View Post
    I would not have believed that they used 2 different pads either.
    But this review of the Zephyr ES clearly (or not) shows the Mustang pad on this new from the factory car.Name:  ZEPHYR_ES_DASH.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  306.3 KB

Seeing is believing! They sure did use a different one!

Glad to seethe round edge dash is available. I’ve always liked them.

The one thing I’ll warn — if you polish them up with something like Armorall like everyone used to like to do, the dash without the step yields a nasty reflection of the sky back at a tall driver. Blinding actually

I've seen where people have used the square edge Mustang type pad to replace a round edge F/Z pad out of desperation. I was considering doing that myself, but the instrument cluster surround trim upper corners are rounded to correspond with the round edge pad. That's what was holding me back...picky, picky. Glad I waited.
    Quote Originally Posted by erratic50 View Post
    Seeing is believing! They sure did use a different one!

Glad to seethe round edge dash is available. I’ve always liked them.

The one thing I’ll warn — if you polish them up with something like Armorall like everyone used to like to do, the dash without the step yields a nasty reflection of the sky back at a tall driver. Blinding actually

Yes. That one with "ascmclarencoupe" in the link is the one that put me on my quest to Dashes Direct last year to make more of the Fairmont pads. I'm so glad that info was still out there. I found it with a google search.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul1958 View Post
    More info

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ad-differences

http://www.ascmclarencoupe.com/Proje...Reproductions/

I remember this was being discussed at FEP as far back as 2008.

HEADS UP! Just when you thought Christmas was over....Justin at Universal Urethane / Dashes Direct is getting ready to cook up a batch of these Fairmont/Zephyr dash pads!! Get in touch with him now to order yours if you haven't contacted him already. Here's his contact info again:
    E-mail Justin at justin.a@uuilv.com or call him at (702) 643-3626 x229
    I was talking to him today (1/7/19) - he said he will allow a couple of weeks for people to contact him to order. It will be about 4 weeks after that when they are ready to ship out (so about 6 weeks or so from now). These are good pads! You can see all the back and forth conversation about the quality in this thread and take my word for it, because I actually have one that was recently made. It will pass for a factory pad. He has the original Ford tooling! Don't miss out on this rare opportunity (I sound like a salesperson, but I'm just one of you). I know how hard these are to find and it's exciting! Kerry

Are these dash pads still available?
    mine is in tough shape
    Thanks!
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

FEP Super Member 79mustangcobra's Avatar

This is fantastic! Good post
    1979 Mustang Cobra 5.0
    2P Red and 1C Black

Stock never goes out of style
    MCA #70281 - 79-93 MCA Concours Judge
    Proverbs 3:5-6

My Mustang Story
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...71#post1688371

Quote Originally Posted by massacre View Post
    Are these dash pads still available?
    mine is in tough shape
    Thanks!
    I’m wondering the same thing, I could use one in my Fairmont. Guess I need to call that number and find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

South Eastern Pa. Bringing up the rear of The rat race...

I remember when Fairmonts were total throwaways, i saw one once 6 cylinder with a blown head gasket. I thought those things never blew it was a straight 6...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12